Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“Our little guy is on the way… I can’t wait.” Tom said.

“Everyone who’s mean to me in my family… I love them back even more… So when Lucius chokes me… I’m used to it… He does it a lot… I still care about you though… And I think it was an accident…”

1 Like

Spetz stayed silent

2 Likes

“But yeah, um… It’s nothing, Spetz…” Grace said.

1 Like

Spetz took the sandwhich and slowly started to eat it

2 Likes

“Would you mind if we went to visit Ana now?” Catina asked Aries.

“I may not be able to push myself as hard as I used to.” Marinaa said after she was satisfied with how many laps she had run, and was catching her breath. “But that’s no reason to stop trying. And are you sure you wouldn’t take part in any PT at all?” She asked Butch.

1 Like

Grace smiled. “Is it okay if I make myself one?” She asked.

“That’s fine.” Aries smiled, getting up and helping Catina.

“I’m fine, hun! You can do it! Just two more laps!” Butch called

1 Like

Spetz offered her half of his “take half of mine…I’m already full.”

2 Likes

Catina grabbed Aries’s hands, and put all her effort into standing, along with Aries pulling her up. So much so that they collided, and Catina had to throw her arms around Aries and stop them both from falling over. “Oops.” Catina said, trying to suppress a grin after she did that.

Mariana glanced at Butch, then turned her head towards the area she used as her starting position last time. "Just two more? Da*n right I can manage them. And she started off again, pushing herself to run two more laps.

1 Like

Sarah smiled at them and hugged Tom tightly.
“Now what?” Leo asked them.

2 Likes

“No, you’re starving. I won’t take it.” Grace smiled.

Aries giggled. “Enjoying yourself?”

“Yeah! You’ve got this, babe!”

“We’ll have to schedule something nice.”

1 Like

“I’m not really…after you stop eating for a while your stomach gets smaller so I’m full” Spetz said

2 Likes

“It was an accident, I swear!” Catina said, still holding Aries up. “I’m only trained and augmented as an S-III…therefore I’m just a clumsy incompetent fool.”

“But.” Catina said as she composed herself and stood up straight. “We should go visit Ana now.” Catina added, as she picked up her Scattershot, which she was still carrying around in case either of them were attacked again. As Highland Station wasn’t a hundred percent safe.

“I…got…this.” Mariana said to herself as she pushed forward. Her legs aching and her lungs burning, but she still pushed herself, As I had been told. Quitting is more mental than physical, and I remember the example used. A horse will run until it dies, if it’s rider commanded it to.

1 Like

Sarah nodded and smiled. She picked up Mary in a hug. “Don’t worry I love you as much as Tom.” She said to her. “Want to visit Joanna and Josh?” She asked her.
Leo smiled at them, as they were a happy family.

2 Likes

“Okay? I still want you to have it. You mean too much to me for me to take it.” Grace said

“Not like I’m not enjoying the view.” Aries said

Mary giggled and hugged Sarah.

Joanna hugged Blake.

1 Like

Spetz nodded as he returned to his bed and laid down, he felt a little awkward with Grace in the room, seeing her being the first person to talk to him in such a long time. He tried putting his mind on something else as he reached to his cabinet

2 Likes

“The doctors say you two are able to visit Ana.” Hermes said to Catina and Aries.

2 Likes

“That’s good.” Catina replied. “Because I would go see my little sister, even with one doc standing in front of me with his hands on my abdomen, and two more holding onto my ankles.” Catina added as she opened the door to their room, and she leaned out enough to glance around the hallway. Ready to aim her Scattershot at anyone she saw lurking, and ask exactly what they were thinking.

Mariana finished both those laps. Definitely out of breath now, and her legs were sore, even if she refused to show it. “I did it…hope you’re happy.” She said to Butch as she caught her breath.

1 Like

He sighed and did the same, staring into the ceilings , the will to even leave bed didn’t exist. He wondered what to do anymore, he felt blind on where to go.

1 Like

“If it’s ever too much for you, it’s okay to stop.” Butch said. He held her in his arms.

“Hey… Josh is excited to see you. He’s probably bored of his mom this whole time.”

“I’m ready to see your sister.” Aries said.

“Spetz… I’ll make some hot cocoa for you, and maybe we can watch a movie if you’re feeling up to it? Either way, I’m making hot cocoa…” She said.

1 Like

“I’ve never had hot cocoa…” Spetz said as he tried to fall asleep again

2 Likes