Halo: Reaching Out Reboot

Admiral Thompson eagerly awaited 4728, he’d commanded him through several rigorous campaigns earlier in the war.

“Spartan, good news, you’re being promoted. You’re now Captain designation 4728 of the first Spartan Foxtrot company, Frostfall. We’re gonna hold a banquet to allow you to meet your soldiers, something to raise your morale… My apologies for the mission on Tribute.” Thompson said.

“Tribute was a success in many ways, sir. We completed the objective.” 4728 said. He lied, he’d lost three Foxtrots on that mission. But one of his personal goals of accomplishing a deceased soldier’s dreams, had been achieved.

“…Anyway, the banquet is tomorrow. It would seem you’re being deployed in a month, I’d use this time wisely.” Thompson said.

“Yes, sir. I will be there in my best outfit.” 4728 chuckled.

“Do you want a demotion?” Thompson asked, causing 4728 to straighten and lose his smile.

“No, sir.” He replied.

“Dismissed.” Thompson said.

Tomorrow…

“I wonder if there’s gonna be any cute girls on our team.” Robert 0545 said.

“I remember Sasha, I’d rather not.” James 1456 replied.

“Sasha really did beat your a**, didn’t she?” Robert chuckled, fondly remembering her.

“…Yes.” James said, only adding to his laughter.

“Quiet down, we’ve got a banquet with the high brass. I want us all looking respectable, not like fools. Doesn’t mean you can’t crack a couple smiles though.” 4728 said.

Rhak Leree immediately sighted Hal Maree upon exiting the bridge. Within the room were many Sangheili.

“You…” He said, approaching her. “You are no Covenant warrior. It is not a weak female’s place.” Rhak hissed.

“Then why isn’t a weak female like yourself on Sanghelios?” Hal asked.

“I will tell Merse of this. You know he itches to get rid of you just like I do.” Rhak spat.

“He has a contract with the Black Moons. And he seems more satisfied with me for my ability to get results, not corpses in little “crusades”…” Hal said.

Rhak grunted and left her alone, not feeling like dealing with her being her usual self.

Butch Pierce fiddled with his bowtie, Claire watching him while in her dress, standing beside him.

“Do you think we could be getting promoted? All this being around the higher ups… I know Foxtrot Command must be proud of us.” Claire said. “Maybe they want me to lead…”

“Calm down, I’m sure it’s not that serious… The way it’s being built up, it looks like they’re just buttering up some more Foxtrots before they disappear, never to be heard from again.” Butch said.

“I can’t believe they invited those mutants to a banquet…” Claire muttered.

“Well, there’s something else… We’re gonna be ODST Captains now. I talked with Howard and he passed it on to Lynch and Thompson, we’re making our way up there.” Butch said, before feeling Claire wrap her arms around his neck.

“That’s wonderful!” Claire said, ecstatic, hugging him tightly.

“Happy belated birthday.” Butch sighed.

4728 finally arrived in the large room, which had many tables set up, some for food and drink. Sometimes he forgot Admiral Lynch was a billionaire. Many Foxtrots were already there, but one caught his eye, sitting off by herself. He decided to ignore her for now, but made a mental note to approach her to see what was up.

@EvilLobsterKing
@RuthlessSkate94
@Bigthwomp
@AlpineFalcon76
@Winterstorm345
@RedLynx23
@RaptorTalon
@German
@Zero
@bornfromfire9
@Calebmar12

Storm brought his hand up to his chin, flicking it outward at Everyone

2 Likes

0919 growled at Storm.

1 Like

Maul sat in pray holding a small piece of metal with marking carved into its sides

2 Likes

Angel and Devil walked in bickering over something stupid as they usually would.

“No way McGreggor could Have ever beaten Mayweather!” Angel said

“Bull***, did that last mission give you brain damage or something?” Devil responded

2 Likes

“My true brothers, ignore her.” Rhak said. “I would like to know of your previous, righteous, deeds.” Rhak said.

“4728, don’t-” James tried to stop him as 4728 approached Storm.

1 Like

0919’s growl deepened and he lowered his body, looking ready to pounce. His eyes locked on Storm, nostrils flaring.

3 Likes

Maul stood up “ah haha. I have been on many missions and butchered many humans” he placed the pice of metal into a compartment on his armor

2 Likes

[Love you all too] Storm signs to the room in general

2 Likes

Deacon, Emma, and Yeohonathan entered. Deacon nervously hid himself behind his hair as he approached the room thankful he had Emma with him, the two were holding hands as they entered, Emma smiled at him her expression telling him he would be fine. Yeohonathan patted him on the shoulder while keeping quiet himself.

Nos Leygallai stood trying to ignore Hal’s presence keeping to himself at first then bowing to Rahk Leree, answering his question “I have destroyed many Klaka bases, ever vigilant, silent and swift, bringing many of them to their doom”

2 Likes

“That’s no way to regard someone you just met.” 4728 said.

“On this ship, I am known as General Rhak Leree. You may have heard of the Infidel’s Demons?” Rhak asked.

1 Like

“Do you think this is for us!” Sarah asked Samuel.
“Not at all, we are practicallynew recruits. We just got put into this unit at the time they are to have a-”
“Party! Right!?” She practically yelled.
Samuel just looked at his sister both annoyed and ashamed. He ignored what she said and continued, “They said report to someone named Butch. I have no idea what he looks like. Maybe we could ask around.”

2 Likes

0919 bares his teeth at the colossal foxtrot. His eyes stayed locked on Storm as he began to pace a circle around the rude heavy.

2 Likes

Mauls right hand became a fist “those creatures are responsible for killing many of my comrades” he said a much harsher tone than he was use to

2 Likes

“I have only ever faced one” Nos said chuckling “a worthy duel indeed”

2 Likes

“I feel honored to hear of your deeds, yet I have killed them in the dozens… By following my command, hopefully you learn how to slay them as well on your way to the Great Journey.”

Butch and Claire stayed far from the Foxtrots at Claire’s insistence.

“Michael, talk to your boy.” 4728 ordered as the hulking mass walked over, shaking Storm’s hand.

“Hey, I’m 4728, you are?” He asked 0919.

2 Likes

“Zero. Nine. One. Nine.” Answered 0919, stopping his growling.

2 Likes

“So, what’s on today’s agenda?” Angel asked shutting down the conversation

2 Likes

“ARE YOU CHALLENGING MY STRENGTH” maul yelled

2 Likes

Sarah dragged her brother around. “I’m guessing we look for someone about our height. Right bro?”
“Probably.” He replied as they continued walking.

2 Likes