SO HYPE

5 Likes

Here we go again. Another Hype Train…

3 Likes

YEAH IM SOOOO EXCITED!!! all aboard the hype train!!! chooochooo

1 Like

I’m so happy

1 Like

The pig guy with the dwarf beard looks dumb.

2 Likes

I liked Halo Wars, to an extent, but I’m not hyped for this. At least it still looks like Halo, and not the Halo 4/5 style

I fail to see how this

doesn’t look like this
http://fragsandwich.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/master-chief.jpg

3 Likes

That’s kind of what Brutes are. Except replace pig with ape. Then you’ve got yourself a Brute.

2 Likes

Ok: Firstly, the distinctively different shade of green, but that can be overlooked
Secondly, there’s a clear move away from smooth lines and simple shapes between Halo 3 and 4 (and even between Reach and 4). This can be plainly seen when observing the head and shoulders area of the armour, with the Mk VI suit (Halo 3) having a fairly basic, relatively smooth helmet, simple pentagonal/hexagonal (depends how you view it) shoulderpads, and a small section of the torso armour jutting up to give a little bulk where otherwise we would see a less ‘powerful’ shape. In the Mk VII (Halo 4), the helmet details have been exaggerated, and the shape shifted to look somewhat less imposing. By contrast, the shoulderpads have been flared out to inverted triangles, but a major gap has been created between upper torso and shoulder armour. To compensate, the shoulder ‘clips’ of the torso armour have been majorly beefed up, giving something of a comical appearance when seen front on.

There are fewer panels visible on the Mk VI, which is less realistic but helps lend the suit a bit of metaphorical weight - it’s reminiscent of plate armour from the medieval period in some places. The Mk VI is visibly presented in seven sections: Boots/shins, thighs, crotch, chest, gauntlets, shoulders, helmet. At least to me, this feels less cluttered and more visibly impactful.

By contrast, the Mk VII is much more visibly cluttered, and looks a little less human. The boots (now quite separate from the shins) look more hoof-like, while the shins and knee-pads have been split into separate assemblies. Further greebling has been added all over this armour, making it appear more complicated, and the aforementioned additions to the shoulder ‘clips’ distort the human silhouette of the Chief, and make him look a little more foreign. The Mk VII chest harkens back to the Mk V chest plate, but with distinctly more curves, softening its appearance

The Mk VI and and Mk VII suits are also representative samples of the art style of each game: Halo 3, from whence comes the Mk VI, is dominated by simple shapes and harder angles, with less distinct detailing and a greater emphasis on the base shape. Halo 4, meanwhile, uses a more complex style that shows off the graphical performance of the Xbox 360 and of the Halo 4 game, but fails to remain faithful to the established art style.

Contrast:

The Halo 3 Forward Unto Dawn

Halo 4’s rendition of the same vessel.

Here we can once again see an emphasis on softer shapes over harder angles.

Overall, it should be evident that Halo 4 and Halo 3 (and by extension Halo 1 and 2) have a very different art style. Which is better is a matter of personal preference (I prefer the older style), but I think it’s plain that there is a distinct difference.

Anyhow, that probably went on a bit too long

I don’t know man, I like my Halo stuff angley like a lamborghini. :smile:

It’s an art style ■■■■■. 343 wanted to take Halo in a new direction, this was part of it. It’s not even remotely a big deal.

Now let’s get back on topic, shall we?

I think the thing I’m excited for the most is being able to play Halo Wars online again.

1 Like

This ^

Understand its probably accurate to some lore or character or something, maybe its a species that has been there a while. Though it took me a few times to understand him given the odd voice and to be honest he doesn’t seem too intimidating to me. He’s large, which in the Halo verse normally means they are easier to shoot :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Everything you just said is exactly what I thought.

:unamused: :pig:

1 Like

If that is who I think it is, he’s never really been too intimidating. He’s like Starscream, minus the backstabbing. He thinks he’s more than he is.

1 Like

Ah ok, for me those villains work only as comedic side-kicks or to balance out the evilness of another villain. Maybe he’s been revealed so they can hide the main villain?

[sigh] I guess it isn’t to some people.

Not him again! I hated that guy! He threw the Arbiter down a chasm!

1 Like