Halo Wars 2

Only one game mode

3 Likes

Which I shall become the best at…

1 Like

I will give a full breakdown of what i saw in this trailer soon.

4 Likes

I watched the first 20 seconds of this and stopped.

I am rather hyped for this game, and wanna go in somewhat blind…

2 Likes

thanks for stopping me from double posting

Time to peel the trailer apart

human hand?

the rarely seen red energy sword. Yes it has appeared in other media but this is the first time it has appeared in game outside of forge

new elite helmet. The horns look dumb

what was this? The guy with two swords right… yeah thats cool

great shot i cant wait to see context. I assume its on the ark

Forerunner looking cores out back

AI doing magic stuff

that is a covanent ship and a glassing beam. The beam continues for next 2 pictures

wherever this light is coming from its big there is a reflection in his eyes someone with better software and what not could probably get a better image

1 Like

Halo Wars 2 Launch Trailer

5 Likes

That was epic.

woo boi.

1 Like

That is a really nice trailer.

I wish I could play it…

1 Like

Daaaaaang. 343’s marketing team really know how to make trailers…

3 Likes

Really thought the music was a downgrade, kept expecting it to transition into the Spirit of Fire theme

1 Like

I mean, they convinced some poor souls to pre-order Halo 5.

3 Likes

I like Halo 5 though. Even got the limited edition. I’d say it was worth it.

1 Like

I like Halo 5 as well (never played it, cause Xbones be pricey) It was more of a dig at the marketing.

We got two new adverts for HW2 last week, as well as the launch trailer.

4 Likes

This game better be good…

3 Likes

[SPOILERS AHEAD!] Well, I finished the campaign over the weekend, and I must say, despite the wide-open cliffhanger the story was pretty good. After Halo 5, a lot of people were saying that the entire Halo story was ruined forever, but it’s nice to see that’s not the case. One of the community updates on Waypoint awhile back said that there will be story DLC in the future (which will hopefully resolve the aforementioned cliffhanger and resolve the other unresolved subplots).

The multiplayer is fantastic. It improves upon the the first and the new units and powers are a welcome addition. There were some balancing and connection issues, from what I’ve heard (I never experienced any), but those just got patched a few days ago.

The blending of the 343 and Bungie art styles, along with the new Banished asthetic, is amazing. I hope that all future Halo games use it. If I had one complaint, it’s that some of the Forerunner structures we see look more like what we saw on Requiem or Genesis rather than what we saw on the Ark in Halo 3. I guess you could explain it away by saying the technology on the installation was updated while the Ark was being repaired.

Over all, Halo Wars 2 isn’t the “savior” of the Halo series that many were expecting it to be. It is not bad by any means, however. Despite it’s flaws, I’d still call it a great Halo game and a definite step in the right direction. I have high hopes for the future DLC and Halo 6.

4 Likes

I feel like Halo Wars 2 was perfect for switching gears for things. Yes, it wasn’t the savior of Halo, but it definitely will help for future installments to let the series come back on top. The artstyle and marketing alone brought more excitement from people than Halo 5 imo. Hopefully Halo 6 takes a few pages from Halo Wars 2. We’ll see…

3 Likes

So, what do you all think of Kinsano and Colony? The latter has become my favorite leader in Halo Wars 2.

2 Likes

Kinsano is my favorite leader tho because Inferno

2 Likes

Holy cow the Flood are coming! New Leaders, Banished Campaign, and Firefight Expansion are confirmed!

5 Likes