Hamilton

This musical about the founding father Alexander Hamilton came out last summer, and the soundtrack is absolute :fire:. What’s your favorite track from the album, and who’s your favorite singer? I love Washington on Your Side *It’s explicit, so watch out:

And my favorite singer would have to be Leslie Odom, Jr. He’s just so great in The World was Wide Enough.

6 Likes

I’m confused.
This is about Alexander Hamilton, and there are multiple singers. Right?
######Oh, this reminds me, I should probably study for the states competition for the History Bee…

2 Likes

It’s from a Broadway musical, so there are singers for George Washington, Aaron Burr, etc.
Another cool thing about it is that they didn’t cast on appearance, so some of the actors are technically historically inaccurate as far as looks go, but they can rap really well.

2 Likes

Okay then…
######Yo, yo, Alex Hamilton I guess…

I love King George the Third’s songs.

1 Like

YES!
He’s just so insane, I love it.

1 Like

For those whom haven’t heard them:

1 Like

I found out about it near late December. I listened to it while doing contracts on tf2 for about 2 months. I just kept playing it so it was stuck in my head and kept me from sleeping. It was so bad but still worth it.

One of my favorites would probably have to be The Room Where It Happens because of that sweet banjo and the Lowdown New Orleans beat it’s got going on.

1 Like

I had to listen to this play for an assignment in my American Thought and Culture class in college and fell in love with it. Quite an awesome play. Wish it didn’t have so much cursing though.

I just recently heard the soundtrack after I learned about it through the YouTuber Annapantsu, and I absolutely love it.

My favorite song would either have to be Guns and Ships, or the Battle of Yorktown.