Haraka, the Quick One

Huh, two posts in one week… I almost never do that :stuck_out_tongue:

(I would’ve used my normal white background, but Haraka’s white armor would’ve been harder to see)

Name: Haraka
Species: [CLASSIFIED]
Home Island: [CLASSIFIED]
Powers: [CLASSIFIED]
Kanohi: Kakama, Great Mask of Speed
Affiliation: Order of Mata Nui
Backstory: [CLASSIFIED]

What can I say? I just had to use one of my white Kakama :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways, I wanted to go with a more unusual color scheme and, since I have a lot of white and Mata red pieces, I decided to make a character using those colors (plus, again, I had to use that white Kakama). Build-wise, I’m actually quite impressed with how Haraka turned out, though I’m still not sure if his hips are too wide or not. The only other thing about this guy is he’s a nightmare to pose, due to his small feet (I thought the small feet would fit the over-all look I was going for).

This is one of the few times I actually liked how the back of one of my MOCs turned out…

Nothing to see here; just another dramatic pose…

Trivia:
Haraka means “faster” in Swahili (as a reference to his Mask of Speed).

Thanks for viewing!

51 Likes

I love that mask, all of the old masks in white or black always look so clean, i don’t know how to explain it.

Where did you get the visorak mandibles in white?

3 Likes

Well, I just got them in a random lot of Bionicle pieces, but I think they originally came in the Bionicle system sets.

2 Likes

Yeah, they were from this one:

2 Likes

Nice. The smooth upper legs clash a bit with the rest of the build, but overall a great build.

might steal that upper arm design btw

1 Like

thanks! I need to brush up on my knowledge of the brick-based sets

White and Red just so happens to be my favorite color scheme at the moment, so this is quite the eye catcher. The construction of the torso and arms is quite interesting, but I’m not really a fan of the legs - the Metru shoulderpad used as a kneecap in particular.

3 Likes

Agreed. That white mask over the red head just looks great. Build has some very interesting uses of G1 parts. I especially like the inika armour parts on the inside of the shoulders. Colour distribution is great with the red hidden under the white all over.
I don’t use the word often, but the legs, I HATE. They look awkward. They clash in texture with the rest of the body. No part of them looks good. The upper legs are far too smooth, the feet are tiny and hollow, and the shins are awkwardly bent and bulky in all the wrong places. Especially for a character named for their speed, the legs need a lot more attention.

3 Likes

Oh, he has an awesome design! It looks like it was ripped straight out of anime or… power ranger type shows!

1 Like

Yeah, the legs definitely need a lot of work. The knees especially; I thought the Metru shoulders would work, but… I’ll see if I can work on them.

not enough people use red and white as the primary color which is a shame because it works so well.

1 Like

Calling you out on the classified information.

1 Like

This is so good. The torso design is nigh genius.

2 Likes