Harambe Reborn

tbh, it’s probably not worth it. they only get 1 or 2 new posts a day, but often they’ll go a couple days without any new posts.

whereas this site (and to a lesser degree reddit) gets tons of new posts everyday. i think it’s pretty clear that ttvchannel is THE source for bionicle MOCs. by a wide margin.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’m also lazy.

It probably will never happen unless I see something else that motivates me…

Well, they will be once they get the sets early to review like BZP does. I think that’s being set up right now though.

2 Likes

Good point. Pretty cool that this site does so well without that key advantage.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m not really offended by this–and I had strong opinions on the incident itself. I suppose I understand how a small minority of people could be offended…maybe…but it’s really difficult to believe that anyone would make a MOC like this deliberately trying to offend someone. I don’t know–part of my lack of offense stems from the sad fact that I could totally see our government doing something like this, but as a fictional inspiration for a MOC, it doesn’t seem any more harmful than other, similar stories.

Anyway, the MOC is solid–nicely filled-out, more gorilla-esque than Gorzan was, and the mechanical additions you added make it look appropriately like a government experiment. I particularly like the hands and the hammer.

4 Likes

I honestly don’t know how anyone could be offended by this unless they’re trying to. It’s a sad story, sure, but it’s not offensive by any means. Plus, as a wise meme once put it

11 Likes

You make a great point, and I totally agree, but some people are very sensitive, and in today’s world, it’s unfortunately not good enough to remind them that if they find something distasteful, they can simply ignore it. Our culture likes to cater to everyone’s point of view, and while that’s admirable in many cases, it can cause problems in others–in this case, by limiting someone’s creative ability because the result is seen as offensive, when that interpretation is merely one of many, and not even the most popular.

Either way, the MOC is good, and that’s why we’re here. At least BZP didn’t go as far as to delete the topic…though I do think they overreacted. It’s nowhere near as distasteful as some of the things you see on TV today, and no more suggestive than any number of MOCs and fictional stories we’ve seen over the years.

6 Likes

I guess it depends on how you look at it.

2 Likes

Disrespectful? It’s a gorilla. It’s not like it was someone’s kid.

If the kid had died and this MOC was a cyborg version of the kid, then yeah, I could see why this would be seriously offensive. But the child, very fortunately, survived.

There’s a line of thinking that says that jokes aren’t worth offending people. There’s another line of thinking that says that people are too easily offended.

The truth is that every site has their own line that they draw as to what is appropriate and not appropriate. I was really entertained by the backstory, and so I campaigned to have it stay. (For the record, I was not met by any opposition, as everyone else thought it was also pretty funny and kind of clever).

13 Likes

the only words i have for this are… yes, yes please

1 Like

You’re totally right that people are way to overly sensitive these days. I’m not saying that I consider this disrespectful, just that someone could.

My boi Harambe

2 Likes

A truly epic tribute.

2 Likes

Blue pins out for Harambe

5 Likes

IS THAT WINSTON FROM THE PAST? (I don’t have Overwatch by the way)

1 Like

Boi… just Boi

1 Like

Jokes set aside, I love those rockets. I just love them.

2 Likes

I know I’ve seen this before, and that I loved it, which is why I’m not sure why I hadn’t liked it. Allow me to remedy that.:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Despite this being Harambe, it’s a nice build. Yeah, I know it’s old. And I don’t like memes. Fight me.

1 Like

@Sabretooth, @ToaNoah_Wafflemeister, @Xorizeghian, and @jayzor17 Thanks guys. This one is kind of a classic. I’ll never forget how the mods at BZPower flipped their schizz when I posted it. As if Harambe’s family was going to be offended or something. I haven’t posted there since.

4 Likes