Hector Complete Rework

Hector: The Inventor

Don’t question his methods

Hector was the creator of the original Plague Mech: Alpha. Ever since it went rogue and escaped, he has been doing all he can to combat an ever expanding army of Plague Mechs, now being created by his rival, who goes by the name - Artillerix. Hector now marks all Plague Mechs of his own with gold accents - something to look out for when determining whether you’ve encountered a friend, or a foe.

Here’s hector V1 for a comparison

Felt like anyone who makes giant bug robots should look at least a little bit insane doncha think?

91 Likes

Wow. A huge improvement. I mean, the fingers annoy me because of the illegal build, but that peg-leg is gorgeous. How does the mechanical eye work?

3 Likes

As far as illegal connections go this one is extremely minor and doesn’t stress the parts at all.

2 Likes

Dang, this guy looks great! Quite a bit more streamlined, especially color-wise, than the previous version.

1 Like

I think I prefer the spindly look of the original, and this version doesn’t feel as steampunk. However, I do like how smooth it is, the black “overcoat,” and the how it still feels like Hector. I also want to take the time to say, your photography skills have really improved.

4 Likes

Thankyou! I can understand liking the spindly look, but i still prefer this iteration. And im glad i still managed to keep hectors feel. And thankyou for noticing my photography :heart:

1 Like

Woah dude, this is an amazing rework! I absolutely love the shaping to it.

1 Like

It feels like a young version of Hector.

1 Like

I much prefer this to the original. The torso is shaped incredibly, and the use of the System rock part is fantastic. The addition of pouches also really helps, makes him feel much more like he’d actually be out in the world.

1 Like

wouldn’t a buzzsaw for a hand be super inconvenient for an inventor…? unless he can swap it out, or something.

that aside, this is incredible.

1 Like

Clearly simpler is better, and more dynamic too. Love the more steampunk-y arm, and the more maddened yet civil appearance in general.

2 Likes

My thought process was that a buzzsaw would be used to cut up scrap metal, and the blowtorch would be used to weld it together. But yes haha i feel like being able to swap out would certainly be helpful

“Let there be a glorious evolution”
-Viktor

1 Like

I’d be lying if i said I didn’t take a fair bit of inspiration from Viktor

wait really?
I just put that there because I like Russian trans humanists

1 Like

Yeah man i used to play league a fair bit last year

huh nito

1 Like

I LOVE how the moc looks smooth, simplistic, and natural on the outside!

1 Like

Quite the improvement! Well done.
The good quality photos also seem to do this version justice as well.

1 Like

This looks awesome and combines almost every design I like, i.e. monocles, trench coats, asymmetry, etc.

I’d love to draw it

1 Like