Heritage and Genetics Topic

I’d write it down to tell it to whatever form of government there was

when did the encounter take place? 1881?

i mean what?

You mean the Union? The tribe would be long gone before he could report it. No, he wouldn’t need to because they wouldn’t bother him in a city or if they saw him again.

It was a little after the civil war, so I’m certain it was after 1865. However, the exact date is unknown.

Its like your ancestors actually were the side missions in Red Dead.

Was it during the great trails to Oregon?

this is why you write things down

i do have a pretty spoopy story

So in my family home down in Austria there was this hill (the house is long gone now)
and when my grandfather was a young lad His parents would always talk about this light that would appear over said hill Every night. So basically everyone in the family would talk about it his uncle his cousins everyone. it was never solved what it was. the first time they saw it his father was Riding on horse (this was around 1913) it spooked the horse and so he was flung off the horse and it ran off. buried in that hill is a jar of old money from during WW1. To this day my Grandfather has no idea what that light was.

[quote=“Chronicler, post:90, topic:12566”]
It’s not like the settlers felt “Hm… Maybe one day my great great grandson will get into a disagreement with some random person he met about the accuracy of me escaping the Indians by acting crazy.” Thus he got the chance to tell it orally to my great grandmother.
[/quote] write it down to make it an accurate tale to tell

One wouldn’t be going to Oregon if they decided they wanted to live in Montana. Especially since they would have been going the wrong route. If they did, they’d have to cross a dangerous part of the Rockies.

It’s not like the settlers felt “Hm… Maybe one day my great great grandson will get into a disagreement with some random person he met about the accuracy of me escaping the Indians by acting crazy.” Thus he got the chance to tell it orally to my great grandmother.

You’re jumping to ideas that people wouldn’t consider to do. Do you really think a frontiersman like my Great Great Gramps would decide to take the time and write it down? No. I don’t write down every exciting thing I do. I just talk about it to others. It’s life.

I’d keep a journal.
is that unusual in America?

My Asian heritage makes me lack toast and tolerant lactose intolerant, which is a shame, since I love milk. But it causes my body to regurgitate it in the form of acne, since it can’t use it.

I now drink Almond or Coconut milk as a substitute

3 Likes

how… seriousl that stuff is…

I am a very (add about 10 more verys) distant relative of French monarchy. So distant in fact that half of France would probably have to die for me to be king.

2 Likes

Ah, we are the same!

Except for me, it would be more than half of France.

It would take mass genocide of the human race, with me being the sole survivor for me to become king.

1 Like

just gonna say it’s actually hilarious how vic is going after chronicler about this considering chronicler’s ancestor is the one responsible for not writing down the tale, and even if there is some moral to the story (write down everything that ever happens to you! like what?) there’s zero way it can be given to his ancestor

it’s admirable that chron’s defending it but really vic why

and yes let’s kill france the world

1 Like

France has Started a lot of wars
cough Napoleon cough

You Americans invent everything. make time machine and tell his grandfather to write about it

Personally i think it was Wendingo tribe.

JK

and france did that a very very long time ago under very very different circumstances

true
but like They did exactly what Nazi Germany did in the 1810s

• Invaded small country (Spain) (germany invaded austria and made it army allies)

• Invaded russia in winter (nuff said)

and some more mistakes like relying heavily on Cavalry (tanks or horse)

Yeah, it’s William Wallace.

germany did that a long time ago under very different circumstances

I think one of my ancestors signed the Declaration of Independence, but I forget who :stuck_out_tongue: My Grandpa told me about him.

2 Likes

I feel you buddy.
I know I’m at least 1/8th irish and, 1/8 canadian-french but because of a complicated family history and so many ties that have been lost I really have no clue about the rest.

I just found out I have a Scottish great-great-grandmother. I always wanted to be part Scottish! XD

6 Likes

I’m 100% Vietnamese. What happens to Vietnamese people?
They watch low budget vietnamese soap operas.

4 Likes