Hero Factory Nostalgia Topic

I couldn’t contain the hype, I watched the Russian version (I think?) first :stuck_out_tongue:

As did I, but the hype returned when I saw the English version.

And I got to watch it on a huge TV, so that was awesome. with the Korean version I had to watch it on a smartphone.

1 Like

Brain Attack doesn’t get a lot of love. I liked the sets that year; they were my first sets from the theme and my entry point for CCBS. I loved the visor heads, and thought all of the new helmets were much better than the original versions.

These images helped me get out of my Lego dark age by inspiring me to make my own team of heroes. They were pretty cool. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I agree, wholeheartedly. (aside from the helmets. some were better…some kinda fell flat…)

Furno XL was awesome. And worth how long I had to wait to get him.

3 Likes

I remember when the images for the Winter 2011 sets were released being so excited, particularly for the villains.

6 Likes

I miss the old villains with personality.

Same thing goes for Bonkle…

6 Likes

Funny how firelord’s hand made it into the promo stuff.

Wow did he change.

I would argue that HF’s villains had more personality then most Bionicle villains.

3 Likes

I mean like that I miss the villains with personality from both lines.

They both sort of ditched it.

1 Like

Indeed.

Meh I only liked the 3.0 and breakout lines.

I remember buying Furno and getting his bike for Christmas.
Man, Hero Factory FM too. I know it’s a bit overdone but ten year old me loved it.

4 Likes

There is this insert I got in July of 2010 from the Lego Club magazine that had a bunch of information about Hero Factory and its characters. I get some nostalgia from that, mostly because it had my real name in the foreword with a conclusion signed by Mr. Makuro himself :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Poor ol’ HF… Honestly, I really enjoyed Savage Planet and Breakout. Brain Attack felt really slopped together and lazy, 1.0 had Avtoran Heroes (except that teaser trailer will always have a special place in my heart), Ordeal by Fire was OK, but not quite as good as the other waves. I will always cherish my gigantic Witch Doctor, in all of his red ball-jointed glory.

Edit: I forgot Invasion from Below.

That should say enough.

Someone tell me they also love the song used here

Also, the 1.0 tv series was good.

6 Likes

Eh.

I don’t really have nostalgia, per say, because I grew up with Bionicle, but don’t get me wrong, I can totally get behind HF Appreciation! :smile:

Mostly because there’s a lot of potential in the idea, and I like it when people take it and make MOCs and stories that are far better than anything LEGO could crank out.

In terms of actual nostalgia, it’s mostly initial heartbreak, then me going, “Okay, I can try this out” then, “I hope this keeps getting better” then, “What are you doing, LEGO?”, and then “Yea…no.”

But like I said, I think there was so much potential in the line. I’d rather have the ideas put into Bionicle, but if there was no G2 I could get behind a better HF.

Also, I prefer HF’s original villains, so much personality even if they were one-sided a bit!

4 Likes

That gets me with the nostalgia.

I actually did like Brain Attack, for the most part (Bruizer and Bulk…ech)
Breakout was also cool.

I never really liked HF that much to be honest. Some sets just had terrible designs. Like Furno 3.0 didn’t have armor on his upper legs? Why?

But I HATED the 1.0 heroes with a passion, especially the “veterans” with their big useless chunks-of-plastic arms. The only thing that saved the first wave for me was the villains, which still weren’t that great. (especially Von Nebula)

1 Like

I don’t really have much sentiment for the official HF story, so much as the Bionicle based stories I gave the HF characters that I bought.

So I guess the original villains and Breakout line are somewhat nostalgic.

I always come back to this image of Meltdown, but it pretty much sums up what I enjoyed about hero factory; threatening robotic monsters with chemical weapons lurking in heavily industrialized cityscapes.

6 Likes

Because birds have skinny legs and Furno is supposed to represent an eagle?

2 Likes