Hero Factory Nostalgia Topic

This made me feel so warm when I first saw it. I was heartbroken that Bionicle had ended, thinking that there’d be no alternative to turn to… And then this showed up.

2 Likes

But remember, those destinies were pre-programmed into them. the AU stuff happened because the circumstances changed, but they still tried to complete their destinies.

I guess at the end of this debate (getting just a wee bit off topic) we should just agree to disagree and move on.

Saying that their destinies are pre-programmed implies that they had a certain fate, which then implies that every single thing’s destiny is pre-determined.

Unless this was some kinda revelation that was revealed when I stopped following the story

I am pretty sure it was the great beings who programmed their destinies. so not every single thing’s destiny is pre-determined, but the MU inhabitants are.

You know, though, with Hero Factory, the heroes are built to be “heroes”. They don’t really have a choice, the only ones that went rogue had issues with programming. For example, I remember Surge was described to always be worried that his programming was faulty and that he would go rogue at some time. This implies that these kinds of things have happened before.

However, in the BIONICLE universe their entire personalities are based off of faulty programming and glitches. They were meant to be nothing more then mindless drones untill Velika screwed it up. however in Hero Factory, they are made to have personalities, minds, and the ability to make choices. Quaza cores help give them a better understanding of what is right and wrong.

Indeed, and that past Hero is the serial killer known as Core Hunter. Von Nebula was speculated to have been faulty, but the Hero Factory never was able to do a proper diagnostic. He still made those choices though, even if his programming was faulty, is it much different from some human being evil?

1 Like

With that, I wasn’t talking about Bionicle. If Bionicle did it, then I don’t like that either. It doesn’t get a free pass just because I like it.

Yes, it is. Completely, actually. The heroes were designed to be heroes, while humans have free will entirely. I won’t get too much into this because it’s off topic, but a person is shaped by their experiences while a Hero may go rogue from a mistake.

They may go rouge because of a mistake, or from a personal experience. we honestly can’t tell.

And with that, can we agree to disagree and let this topic return to being a celebration of HF and the nostalgia some of us feel for it?

I suppose. I mean, I like Hero Factory, it had some pretty neato sets. Like, Thornraxx.

Never got thornraxx, still regret it.

2 Likes

the 2.0

I never had the 3.0

and breakout nex was awful

1 Like

I never got Nex breakout, but my brother had 2.0 and 3.0. can confirm, they are a load of fun.

4 Likes

Hey! My little sister got Nex 3.0 as well. I used to “borrow” those orange hands all the time for Fire Toa…

I didn’t get him, though. I was that kid who got Rocka 3.0 AND Witch Doctor…

2 Likes

Lel, that kid happened to be my little bro. never got Rocka XL but we had two Rocka 3.0.

3 Likes

What’s wrong with Breakout Nex other than the fact that he didn’t appear in the series

2 Likes

His look.
It is not good.

I liked breakout Nex’s little shoulder antenna, and his weapon. That’s all the good I can say about him.
Stringer was great tho.

His colors are awful.

His arm is stupid.

His legs are so barebones it hurts.

His head is very unoriginal.

2 Likes

Herofactory 2.0 is what really got me in contraction figures.

1 Like

I have fond memories of taking my Witch Doctor to a friend’s house to battle Rocka XL. Good times.

Also, I just watched the 2.0 ad on this thread. Hearing the theme song again made me cry tears of joy. I’m personally one of those people who loves both Bionicle and HF, since I grew up with both.

5 Likes