Hero Factory Questions

I know that you weren’t involved much in Bionicle G2, but you did work on HF, right? I mean, you wrote the books and such, along with the Makuro’s Secret Guide Book reference volume. As such, maybe you could shed some light on a few questions I’ve had for quite a while…

1. Who made Drone, the giant robot fought by Stormer and Von Ness? Was it Von Ness, who made it to escape Hero Factory, or was it part of some other sinister plot? Or, though this seems less likely, was it its own sentient being?

2. How are beings created/ how organic are they? Obviously the Heros, Fire Villains, Melt Down, and some others have been confirmed as being manufactured entirely mechanically, but what of others? How organic were the animals on Quatros, and even more, what about the members of Toxic Reepa’s species? We see them in eggs, so we know that at some point in their life they’re excreted from an ovipositor, but they also seem rather robotic. If some beings do require organic compounds like flesh and organs, are they obtained by breeding together other wholly organic beings, or are the biomechanical ones equipped with reproductive organs, or are the organic parts just grown in a lab? Also, would the answers to this apply to that saw-snake thing from The Enemy Within?

3. Where do the HF employees come from? It seems that mission commanders and Quadals are assembled on sight, since we never see them outside the Factory, but what about the laborers, whose models look rather much like those of ordinary citizenry, scientists, like Aldus Witch? Are they hired?

4. How does aging work? We see many “kid-looking” robots admiring the Heroes, which would imply that they’re younger, but does that mean that they transfer their minds into bodies of increasing size as time passes?

5. Were Rotor and Vapor made in the same factory? They have the same face.

6. Is their any explanation for Evo’s change between Ordeal of Fire and Breakout?

7. Where did the name come from? The first six make sense- Bulk is bulky, Stringer uses sound, Stormer has an ice weapon, Breeze has air boomerangs, Surge has lightning shooters and Furno has fire swords. I suppose that you could say Nex is nex-t generation. But what of Evo, Von Ness, Fortis and Rocka?

8. Was the creator of the Brain Factory affiliated with Von Nebula?

9. What were future plans for the red being at the end of the books? It ended on a cliff hanger.

10. Is Invasion from Below even cannon?

11. What ere the plans for Mark Surge? Would he have turned to villainy, or had a Vakama-style story arc?

12. Why in the world would they place the Hero cores in the middle of the Hero’s chest, in a bright contrasting color to their armor? If they wanted it to be easy to tell Heroes from Villains, they could’ve just painted an ‘H’ on their chest.

13. What makes a face “ancient-looking” for a robot? That’s how some faces are described in Doom Box.

This is all I can think of for now, though I may think of more later. Thanks.

3 Likes

I was a Hero Factory fan long before I was a real Bionicle fan, so I will try to answer these, though I bet Greg will do better.

I know you meant G2, so I’m not saying anything here. HF? Yeah, from what I’ve heard.

Oh, it was made by @IllustriousVar Industries. Okay, my guess is that it was supposed to do one thing but malfunctioned and became destructive, like IG-88 in Star Wars.

Toxic Reepa I believe was described as an alien… Maybe they wear armor or something. Saw-snake thing? Please link a picture, that sounds cool and I don’t remember what you are talking about.

They are built and then enslaved by Mr. Makuro. Nah, I think they would have been hired.

Um… Now that’s a good question… Maybe they weren’t actually supposed to be kids? I don’t even remember what you’re talking about.

Is Vapor even canon? He’s probably in some book, which I’ve never read. I would say maybe, obviously Lego just stuck on a recolored face.

Yeah, it’s the same reason for an actor change for Lloyd. Oh wait, that one has a better reason than this does. I doubt it, probably just so Rocka doesn’t have to assume the newbie plot point while being a member of Recon Team and facing up against Black Phantom.

Evo is probably for Evolve, Von Ness just don’t worry about, he’s Von Nebula for black hole, Fortis I don’t even know who that is, and Rocka, well, my old friends and I theorized he was the earth type element or something. He is gold, and gold is a shiny rock. I don’t know, find help for me please.

We’ll never know… (eerie music)

Again, never read the books, but I assume it is just as bad a cliff hanger as Breakout, Invasion from Below, and Brain Attack. There were plans, I can tell ya.

I took Invasion from Below with a grain of salt, thinking it as more of a reboot, like G2, only lasting even shorter.

Plans? It’s Herofactory, heroes don’t need plans!

I can guarantee you, it’s for easily recognizable imagery for ads and for the little ones. I mean, what is more fun than pretending to rip out the hearts of robots?

Steampunk. That’s a joke, by the way.

Here’s basically the best answer for every single question you just asked: It’s Herofactory. They’re selling the toys, not the story, but they give it a not-very-though-out story for the show and just to give something to play with.

You have taught me that I don’t actually know everything about Herofactory. Thank you! I hope you find someone better to answer your questions… well, better!

1 Like

Rocka’s full name was Daniel Rocka, likely a reference to the Biblical Daniel who was thrown into a lions’ den (his Savage Planet motif being a lion).

3 Likes

Yes, I meant G2. The saw snake thing: (apparently it’s called a Tarix Reptoid). The part with the kid robots is from the opening of Brain Attack, if I remember right. Vapor was featured in Makuro’s Secret Guide Book. That Evo thing makes sense, thanks. Merik Fortis was the Hero Recon Team guy. I recommend the books, they’re pretty good if you can get your hands at them (I would check a library, some have them, some don’t). They mentioned Surge had a dark side in his bio from that Lego Magazine insert used for promotion when the line started.

1 Like

Vapor showed up on a wanted poster in Episode 3 of Rise of the Rookies… so he’s sorta Canon.

2 Likes

The thing with Surge having doubts about himself were further explored in the Doom Box book.

1 Like