Hero Forge

That looks vaguely like Iron Man…

1 Like

This sounds interesting, how do you access it?

Im going to seriously look into this

It’s just on the browser! Here’s the website link: https://www.heroforge.com/

You have to make an account to save your characters, but all you need is an email!

1 Like

Uhm…yay?

1 Like

hero forge is pretty cool, although I haven’t personally bought any figures.

I might make some of my newer figures and see how they turn out, though.

1 Like

This thread is in desperate need of a necropost, allow me.

Whatever I make I usually just do for the fun of it like all character creator games, I haven’t actually ever ordered a miniature from the site. Fun site if you have some time to waste.

5 Likes

so here’s Aísma. hero forge has yet to add a poncho option, so if I ever buy one of these things I’ll have to add it on myself.

my Kenku ranger disaster of fashion: spoul

the far traveler triton artificer I’m currently working on.

and I decided I wanted to make the question for no reason at all.

5 Likes

These are really neat, love the look of the “Mystery Man.” Also I do agree with Hero Forge needing more Poncho.

I have this one random OC I made that I’ll upload when I get home.

1 Like

I’m touched! Thanks for reviving it.

These are all awesome! I’m actually really surprised how well you got Ghost Rider and Iron Man!

I love the pose and the outfit! Colors are great too! Really awesome!

2 Likes

three years and he didn’t use the rhyme!

wonderful. Truly glorious.

Hero Forge sends my computer into cardiac arrest, but it’s super neat.

4 Likes

then you prolly need to get a better computer.

I’ll send you into cardiac arrest for insulting Gheorge.

As promised, this random fantasy feller who happened to be the first character I made on the site last year.

Different angle.

4 Likes

I’ve rarely tried to do anything serious with this. I mostly just try to break it and make the silliest combinations I can. I don’t save these, but here are a few screenshots of the ones I did record.

5 Likes

Never heard of it before now, but it seems like a pretty cool service! If I played tabletop games more often I’d probably be more interested in getting a figure produced. As it is though, those prices made me go :scream:.

Fooled around a little with it, and made a vague approximation of myself.

2 Likes

The prices are probably the only downside to Hero Forge, sadly. The model downloads are much cheaper at around 10 USD, but there aren’t very many readily accessible 3D printers that can print them to any decent quality.

Back when I first discovered Hero Forge, the premium plastic models were only 20-25 USD. Nowadays they’re more like 30 USD. The durability and quality also feels like it’s gone down. The premium plastic figure I ordered many years ago has held up without so much as a bend, even in pretty rough storage, but every premium plastic figure my friends have ordered for our D&D game have broken from just basic use and handling.

The normal plastic figure I ordered even snapped at the figure’s ankles. Took a lot of patience and some glue to get it back to somewhat normal, but even now I’m very wary of storing it anywhere in fear it’s going to just shatter. The grey primer on that figure also rubs off pretty easily.

3 Likes

Yeah, STL files and a printer are the way to go. They’re infinitely cheaper as well.

1 Like

“It’s croakin’ time, ya dig?”

Even I don’t know why I made this.

6 Likes

Felt inspired, made another experiment.

3 Likes