HF Plot Holes

I’ve been thinking about HF’s story lately, and I was thinking about how things sometimes don’t add up. Like, the idea of quaza makes, like, 0 sense, but then when I think about it more it kind of does. :confounded:

7 Likes

I feel as though this topic has little relevance for discussion, as the “ploy hole” you’ve mentioned is more of you’re own opinion.

Quaza, I feel, is just a generic power source, which can be used for good or evil depending on who currently possesses it.

I feel a better plot hole to provoke discussion would be to judge the impact of the filler villains in the story (such as the guy at the end of the breakout video, or the villain at the beginning of the brain attack wave)

1 Like

A timeline of HF plot holes:

The Start of HF--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The End of HF

5 Likes

Elaboration?

(I can’t really think of many of them)

1 Like

I’m just teasing. I don’t even remember the plots in HF. (well, the plots elaborated in the cartoon, anyway)

How can you have plot holes when there is no plot?

/s?

2 Likes

I think when the factory wanted to start the 2.0 line, they said it would be too dangerous to upgrade the heroes…why? I don’t remember an explanation ever being given.

Yes, yes there was. It was because the 2.0 system was not finalized, they were still working out some “Kinks”

3 Likes

Which is total BS.

How in the Makuro universe could it be dangerous? These “heroes” (they are not heroes after IFB) are robots who only have personality because of their Quaza cores. What could happen from a simple rearmor? And if they’re worried about the process corrupting the Quaza cores somehow, just remove them and put them back in when you’re done. This is an undoubtedly multimillion dollar company that can build 2.0 “heroes” just fine, but they can’t rearmor an existing “hero” because plot.

Good plot hole.

3 Likes

Because they are modifying the cores as well. we know that the 2.0 cores create more energy for the heroes. This also is not a simple re-armor, they are remaking the entire hero. And they could be scared of modifying the neural net, (Basically half of their brains) And yes, it is easier to make something new then modify something else. They could make Nex and he could have his personality, which is fine. But if the upgrade went wrong when they were upgrading say, Furno. He could be all kinds of screwed up, his personality could change, he could go evil, who knows. And considering that Alpha 1 is the best Hero team, Makuro would likely be worried about potentially destroying them.

How? Oh, they killed some things, boo hoo. The jumper that stepped on the pistol was the one that killed the colony, the Heroes were just protecting their people. Is “Human” life more important then the lives of some killer animals?

Oh, yeah, they did mention that. I forgot about that.

That’s a very biased view.

The heroes were invading the home of these beasts, who are trying to protect their home. They decide right away that fighting is the best option, when they only came down here to save two of their own, and no one listens to Breeze, despite seeing her commune with beasts in the past. Then, they finally befriend the queen, and get what they came for, but when the queen attacks again(I guess HF is too dumb to put safeties on their weapons. Or the heroes forgot to activate them. I guess they were under duress), all of them go back to “shoot everyone” mode, instead of just escaping. Then, there’s one final nail in the coffin: they show no remorse at having killed off a whole species (as far as they know) of creatures. They celebrate their victory, glad that they never have to “worry about those cocoons ever again.”

An entire species that was only trying to protect their home is killed by the hero’s “shoot everyone” mentality, and they are really happy about it.

It’s the fault of really bad writing quotas. The writers had to end on a happy note because it is a kid’s show, but they had to rewrite a perfectly good ending with a good moral “making peace with your enemies” and wound up giving it a sorry ending because Queen Beast wasn’t scary enough. Now the moral is “don’t trust others. They may turn on you. Shoot first.”

In that case, are the Avengers not considered Heroes? They wiped out a entire race of creatures (the chitari, I probably typed that wrong) They were protecting their side of the conflict, would you let the opposition kill all of your people just because you don’t want to kill anyone? It is kind of a sad outlook, but protecting your own should come first. [quote=“Rac, post:11, topic:25303”]
It’s the fault of really bad writing quotas. The writers had to end on a happy note because it is a kid’s show, but they had to rewrite a perfectly good ending with a good moral “making peace with your enemies” and wound up giving it a sorry ending because Queen Beast wasn’t scary enough. Now the moral is “don’t trust others. They may turn on you. Shoot first.”
[/quote]

They did talk about re-writes in the BTS for the episode, so I would imagine that the original ending was just the Heroes killing them, rather then the jumper.

We know HF IFB was a horrible attempt and continuing the HF storyline, Nothing makes sense in the context of the world, or even the episode itself. as we recently learned from Mr. Faber, the episode was totally reworked because of budgeting, to the point where they could not get voice actors. ’

So yes, IFB (the episode) sucks, mainly thanks to Bionicle.

They said that the heroes were supposed to make peace with the creatures, so I would assume that was the original ending.

It’s been a while since I watched Avengers, and I only saw part of it, so feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, but here goes.
In Avengets, the chi-monsters or whatever they were called were the invading force. They came ready to fight, and they lost. Plus, the Avenges did take severe losses in the fight, and could’ve taken more. The Chiitari wanted a fight, and they suffered the consequences. I don’t know if the Avengues were remorseful, but they were probably more focused on taking stock of their own losses. HF couldn’t even kill Bulk right.

That last sentence was a joke by the way.

It is called Invasion from below for a reason. The beasts were invading before the Heroes even showed up. The Heroes only invaded their home when they captured two (soon to be three) of their own. They did not go full on Genocide until provoked, then again, as was the case with the beasts.

All in all, HF IFB makes little to no sense, and in my own HF headcanon, it was totally different and/or retconned.