Hoods in Constraction

We could also say that system is constracion because of these:

2 Likes

Except its not completely system since it uses technic elements for the construction skeleton. More like a hybrid of the two.

2 Likes

I wish Kylo had a hood…

Bionicle 2016 would like a word with you.

1 Like

I don’t recall saying that. It’s best not to assume.

Saying CCBS is constraction (rather than apart of it) is like saying that because the US millitary uses M16s now a flintlock isn’t a gun anymore.

Yes CCBS is the main Constraction medium now but it will never be the only medium.

Kylo Ren should’ve had a hood…they included the rest of his cloth outfit, and I’m sure there are ways they could have done it–heck, I could probably think up a half-decent idea, like others in this topic have.

I think just one good cloth hood piece would be a great benefit to MOCists–I’m not saying everyone should have a hood, but one couldn’t hurt…

It is just ONE form of it.

Yes it’s constraction but isn’t constraction any more than technic or even those knights kingdom guys.

Where are those in this current time and date and are they sold specifically separate from system based figures and sets and do they make characters and not just vehicles?

CCBS lines are the definitive constraction method, where as the other ones are hybrid secondary variations of it. And it can happen to see the hybrid method in the main CCBS lines because CCBS at its core is a very versatile constraction method, thats why its the definitive main constraction method, cause it best portrays what system LEGOs do.

In terms of the hoods which this topic is about, its difficult to achieve and yet it is possible to achieve. You dont know if you dont try, and LEGO didnt really try to do it, not really. So they should at least try and do it, but they should do it with thought and care so as to make its introduction a net positive thing for buyers which will make them want to buy cloth hooded characters in the future.

1 Like

I’m not a fan of hoods; personally, I hope that they stay rare. Anything that obscures the contours and detailing of the pieces is bad in my book. Capes are fine, but hoods cover too much.

Eh no, it should be at least more common that it is now, which is nonexistent. Hoods do what capes do as well (as in the cover parts of the figures) so there is no difference between them and no, capes cover more than hoods do.

Hoods are not even rare, they dont exist, at least cloth hoods like capes we have.

1 Like

Capes cover more from behind. If you’re like me, you display your sets facing forward. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Except hoods dont cover anything forward :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

More than capes.

1 Like

They dont cover more than capes, you literally are telling that a cape that hides the complete back side is the same or less then a hood that only hides the head area around the face. NO!

1 Like

This topic hurts me.
CCBS is what is used now, other things where also constraction.
IT was all very off topic, but at least it’s over now.

I like all manner of capes, cloaks, hoods, scarves, sashes and other garments of similar styles.
However, whether they would fit with what Bionicle is right now, is something I’m not so sure about…

2 Likes

You cant say that if we never had them in any constraction example. Lets just have one hood in a constraction set and then we can say if its good or not.

1 Like