Horrible Books You Read/had to read 4 school From When You Were Younger

He’s been bothering me since Kindergarten.
Such a leech.

2 Likes

Stink Alley. It was really, really bad.

The kill order was a big disapointment

A book I had to read last semester called Little Britches. It was the most boring thing I have read ever.

1 Like

in fith grade i had to read the invention of hugo cabret, which was way to short for my tastes

2 Likes

…It’s more than 500 pages long. Granted, there are a lot of pictures, but that still leaves about 200 pages of text left, which isn’t exactly short.

But you’re lucky, my school never makes me read classics And I need the motivation

it’s short when it only took me a hour to read it

1 Like

Uh, you got me there. Of course I finished it pretty quickly too, I thought you were referring to page count.

1 Like

Every single book, “La Celestina”, " Romeo & Julieta", “12 cuentos peregrinos”, " El jugador"

The spanish books I had to read were the most boring things ever,

Woo! Necropost!

My least favorite was Absolute Value of Mike. It seemed forced at times and the enending was terrible. It was really corny and was such a cop-out from the plot of adopting Misha, which played a central part in the characters growth. It was good to introduce some concepts, but I would never read it again on my own time.

Honestly I haven’t really read a book full through that I’ve necessarily disliked, that I can remember at least, but one that I’ve been trying to get through for a while that I just cannot stand would be the Maze Runner.

1 Like

One I forgot to mention ages ago in my first post here–The Old Man and the Sea. Probably the dullest book I’ve ever read. At least it’s short.

1 Like

Git homeschooled my doods. I’ve almost never been forced to read books.

1 Like

Reading a bad book is better than reading nothing at all.

I read voluntarily

That’s great, my dude!

Why won’t they let you read ‘classics’?

Update on this. I read Brave New World a month ago.

It was very hard to stomach and I really had a displeasure reading it.

3 Likes

Lol, like 70 percent of my homeschool curriculum is reading.

2 Likes

Anthem. I really dislike Ayn Rand’s work in general, because she went from growing up in one extreme and oppressive society to endorsing a whole different kind of extreme and oppressive society. This was in 9th grade, and the other students didn’t seem to mind it. I, on the other hand, would constantly call the book out on things when asked moral questions about what the book means in each passage (we group read it). No one else seemed to notice the dangerous extremist ideals her work pushed besides me.

I think I ended up writing a paper comparing her to Andrew Ryan and how he was a good hypothetical example of why her completely selfish, self-serving way of thinking doesn’t lead to good outcomes for a civilization lol

3 Likes