Horrifying Revelations

Or what if there was some form of civilisation before the Okototians, and some kind of horrible event, some form of great cataclysm, wiped them all out.

1 Like

This is why matoran are small

3 Likes

Maybe they just burrow?

Yeah I dunno

Wait a minute. If the Bohrok came from Av-Matoran, where did the Bohrok-Va and Bohrok-Kal come from?

From BS01

Bohrok-Va: Bohrok Va - BIONICLEsector01
“The Bohrok Va were created by the Great Beings to assist the Bohrok”

Bohrok-Kal: Bohrok-Kal - BIONICLEsector01
“The Bohrok-Kal were created by the twin queens of the Bohrok swarms, Cahdok and Gahdok. The Bahrag exposed six Bohrok, one from each swarm, to a mutagenic substance.”

So baisically the Va were created entirely by the great beings, but the Kal were created by the Bahrag’s own volition, by exposing regular bohrok to whatever it is the make the Krana with. Neat.

Yes…

Bada bing, bada boom, I ressurect this topic from its doom…

…for the specific point of making this even worse.

I got the impression that Zaktan tortured the Toa into melting himself. Zaktan gets his protodites way in there, and the Toa tries to burn them out…

Although I will point out that Greg has gone out of his way to leave the fate of the Toa ambiguous:

3 Likes

Bit of the opposite of a horrifying revelation, but back when I was first getting into Bionicle circa 2006, there was a collection of screenshots from LoMN that was used to advertise the movie in the Visorak instruction books. One of the screenshots was of Vakama and Nokama riding Kikanalo. But because of how small the image was, the lighting of it, and the shaping and off-whiteness of the Kikinalos’ shoulders, I thought that Vakama and Nokama (not that I knew their names at the time) were walking through a field of skulls and bones. So when I finished watching the movie the first time, I was like “Where were the bodies?”

6 Likes

I’m telling you right now

Legends of Metru Nui would’ve been entirely redeemed if there was a field of bodies

4 Likes

Not horrifying, but I just realized that Mask of Light was about Takua both literally and metaphorically going on a quest to find himself.

Whether that’s brilliant or dumb and cheesy, I leave up to you.

7 Likes

My main horrifying revelation as I started getting back into Bionicle lore recently - mostly inspired by the awesome fan video games that are being developed now! :smiley: - was how the Giant-Space-Robot thing basically meant that the main goal of the plot (reviving him) was always bound to lead to the destruction of the island of Mata Nui. And, even worse, that this was planned from the very beginning!

Prepare for my rant on what I think this means for the mythology of the story, but I’ll make a separate thread for that one… :wink:

2 Likes

This might not quite be a “horrifying” revelation, but it could certainly have some pretty weird implications:

Did the Red Star revive Jaller when he died on Mata Nui? It definitely seems as though Takutanuva made Jaller a new body, which means his old one was left up above. If the Red Star revived the old body, does that mean there’s a duplicate Jaller?

I know Greg’s said that Matoran who died on Mata Nui weren’t revived since they weren’t in the robot, but Jaller died right on Kini-Nui. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say the Red Star would bring him back.

Also, would Original Jaller eventually meet up with Original Hydraxon?

Maybe Greg is a fan of Gantz.

I think that’s the answer. Even then, the body gets teleported to the star, which is how they access the mind and put it in a new one. Jaller wasn’t dead long enough to have his body taken away.

This is the part that the movie isn’t exactly clear on; did Takutanuva create Jaller an entirely new body, or did he just teleport Jaller’s dead body to Mangaia and revive it?

If it’s the former, then there would still be a dead body to teleport up.

Although, typing it out like this, the latter seems way more likely now that I think about it; there are other characters who can teleport beings that they aren’t in contact with, and who knows what the Energized Protodermis did to Takutanuva.

1 Like

We don’t really know. BS01 phrases it as “[Takutanuva] used Teridax’s life energy to revive Jaller.” If I recall correctly, a new body just appeared out of the mask. I think we know that Kanohi masks contain an “imprint” of their last wearer’s life force (which is only to justify that scene from MoL), so I think Takutanuva pushing Teridax’s life force through the mask manifested a new body. We haven’t seen Jaller’s old body since then, and I don’t know what the heck they would have done with it. I suppose that if they brought it back to Metru Nui, it would have been taken to the Red Star, but since Matoran don’t have the same cultural norms surrounding death that we do, I’d say they probably left it on the island.

The real “horrifying revelation” here is that Jaller may have stripped down his own corpse for parts to make boats.

2 Likes

Jaller: “Hey, you know how we had the Lhikan and the Lhikan ii? We should name this one the Jaller.”
Hewkii: “Are you saying that because you made it, or because your left leg is the rudder and your right arm is the mast?”

9 Likes

I always figured the Bohrok were just kinda ‘dead’ Matoran, but no – the Toa Mata in 2002 were actively killing Matoran.

6 Likes