HORRIOR (self moc)

Okay then, let me break down your pathetic attempt for a review. :unamused:

Color scheme

I centralized the colors of the MOC to certain areas as well as could be done. As I said in the post, I do not have infinite amount of money on my hand to get every pieces in the right color. For example, I cant be asked to get 3 extra black vizorak carapaces for the legs, off of ebay or something.

Proportions
First of all the left arm starts from the shoulder, where the corkscrew piston is. Secondly, what comes to the legs and chest, these proportions are taken from MY BODY. I have very tall back and relatively short legs. Secondly the way the waist have been built, it gives off the appearance that the legs reach further up than they do.

Transformation
The reason the transformation is parts former is due to me wanting to keep it simple, and do it the way I wanted it to be done. There was no way to keep the front legs connected to the body, if I wanted to combine them with the back legs to create the demon form legs. Sure I could always run a string of CCBS limbs from the front legs to back and call the separation part “unplugging”, but that wouldn’t fix the issue. In terms of having to take off the wings and have them be repositioned, I found this to be x20 times faster than coming up some cumbersome transformation mechanic, that would take space and add two ugly blocks on the shoulders.

Dragon mode
May not be able to stand on its own, but this is barely the first MOC that has needed a stand for itself. Over all the dragon mode is there just because I was inspired by Dr. Skorpion’s transforming MOCs, and wanted one for myself.

Now while you think the good color scheme and posability are something to be valued over size, I disagree whole heartedly. You may like a smooth looking MOC has constant color scheme and can be posed neatly, but in the end of the day, that's all there is. A pretty little figurine for your table. :laughing:

I value SIZE in mocs, not because its pretty or easy for the eyes, but because it is impressive, imposing, glorious, and takes real effort! Making something this big and complicated takes severe amount of engineering, and trial and error. I chose demon and dragon forms for this MOC, because I wanted it to be a **monster**. For me it is not about "color", but the three dimensional SHAPE of the MOC! 

And what you failed to bring up, are the numerous **features** my MOC has. Its not meant to be some decoration or an art work. It is a TOY! Something I can have fun with! It shoots missiles, has battery powered functions, lights up, transforms, glows in the dark, and even uses sound effects! :D

This MOC was not built as a work of art, but as a work of love and enjoyment! I built this, because I ENJOYED building it! Having to restrict its size, or having to worry about consistent color scheme, would have robbed all the joy from building it!

**[Edited for excessive vitriol and vulgarity - Slime]**
2 Likes

I agree with you, but you don’t have to get so worked up.

3 Likes

then downsize. nobody’s forcing you to make an absolutely massive MOC. it’s better to downsize and look better than to make a giant, and struggle to keep a consistent look.

then do you care to elaborate why the shoulder has a massive gap between where the shoulder supposedly starts, and where the mass for an actual shoulder starts?

this is what i’m getting from the proportions- giant block of a torso, gadunka head, somewhat stumpy legs, and one shoulder starting lower than the other. at least the other one gives the illusion of mass.

ok, let me put it like this-

this moc is so massive that i find it hard to think that you’d be incapable of hollowing out parts to make a transformation work.

you have the clearance. you can use a technic inner frame for the body. That entire torso is a block, so what’s filling it to prevent something as basic as a transformation like the old Beast Wars toys? hm?

you say that, as if this is going to be doing anything but stand there. most action figures have articulation to be dynamic, to be interesting. this may be interesting for the size, but it doesn’t do much else aside from some motor gimmicks.

as if trying to be efficient with space, parts counts, haivng good shaping, and overall having a figure that can do more than raise 1 elbow doesn’t take “real effort.”

yes, a toy that just stands there and hurls gimmicks at you left and right.

if the thing could pose at this size and do all this, then tha’d be great. extremely impressive, even. but as-is, this is a statue. If you’re into that, then great. I just find the lack of anything other than a bare-bones transformation and some motor gimmicks to be a letdown.

now see, for a guy like me, having to engineer things like perfect transformations to things that’re smaller, and trying to keep everything in check is part of the fun. There’s a reason i’m wanting to become a mechanical engineer. trying to work out things like “how can i move X to Y without structurally compromising this entire thing,” while also not resorting to partsforming is my jam, it’s my “runner’s high.”

4 Likes

Well basically the inner body is full of structurally important support beams and connections. On top of that the wings REALLY aren’t attached to the body per se, but the rotating neck, which helps both the wings and the head, to face in the right direction. So no, I could not have added the mechanism inside the body.

The shoulder piece is simply missing due to the transformation. If there was something in the way, it could not lay flush against the torso. I tried to block the gab with the two rakshi backs, but I guess I could block it a bit more carefully.

I find this to be incorrect, since no matter how posable an action figure is, it can never move on its own. In the end, the person playing with it has to move it. And I have never seen a kid who posed their figure for every single action.

Well I’m glad you understand.

The thing is, this is my Self-MOC, so I made it strongly reflect all that I find fun in MOCs. The pure raw power one can have with free creativity, and the ability to make something big. Its big and bulky, but in the end that reflects myself.
As of now, I am working on an upgrade for my Corona MOC, that will make it (more golden) into a more of a God Emperor of MOC kind than previously, so maybe that one will be more into your taste.

1 Like

This is the size of a human child lol

5 Likes

@Sammythekat This criticism lacks the care or class necessary for conveying any sense of helpfulness. Can you not structure your critique without framing it like a session on /r/RoastMe/?

@HORRIOR While I understand the critique given to you was harsher than it needed to be, please try to remain civil in these discussions and let’s not start attacking users for their opinions.

Everyone here needs to behave cordially and respectfully towards one another. This is supposed a place to share creations and be inspired.

8 Likes

It’s way too messy.

But the fact that you managed to apply devilish inverted enginnering to make everything stay in place it’s incredible.

You sir, are a maniac.

(In a very good way, that is).

2 Likes

Yeah, take criticism constructively. Yes sometimes it can be harsh but it will help you moc better in the future.

1 Like

I mean… I could critisize… But the fact that it exists at all is enough to impress me.

2 Likes

I like the unconsistency and the kinda random colors I’d say that it actually makes him look more like a Horrior

1 Like

While the size, transformation, and functions are very impressive, that’s not what I (or most people for that matter) look for in a MOC. I’m not trying to be rude at all, size is just not a priority for most people. It’s well-built overall, but I can’t say I like how it looks very much.

2 Likes

Size doesn’t matter for most people, except for MainiaMac1613. With all of his large Mocs they are mostly incredibly gappy. Including his largest moc. Off topic? Maybe

1 Like

Amazing!!! THIS IS HUGE!!!

1 Like