How Did You Discover TTV?

I was trying to find reviews of the 2001 sets for a while and came across them a few years ago and watched them off and on and only recently started watching all there content

1 Like

I found them and started following them when they first reported on the 2015 leaks, but I might have found them before then.

2 Likes

My story is a little weird.

I was involved way back in the day with a ridiculously tiny site called SolisMagna.com that me and a few others had pretty high hopes for. At one point, very briefly, @Eljay had something to do with their project, and I heard about TTVā€™s videos through him. That would have been back in March or April of 2014.

An unimaginable amount of nostalgia is spreading through me right now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was when the 2015 leaks started to appear. I was just feeling nostalgic one night and decided to look up bionicle, and I saw a ttv video about the 2015 leaks.

2 Likes

Well I found out due to the recaps

I think I was just combining random things I like on youtube (LEGO Legend of Zelda, stuff like that) and I searched ā€˜Minecraft BIONICLEā€™ and came upon Biocraft. After waiting for infinity for it to come out I started checking out other shows, On eBay Today and The Recap Reviews were my first ones I think. Eventually I decided to check out the podcast and after about 10 episodes Iā€™d finally managed to work out whatr the hell was happening.

1 Like

I stumbled across TTV when I was watching some BIONICLE videos on YouTube a few years back. (Maybe 2013ish)

Huh that was actually like fours years ago.

I was way off.

I found TTV by watching Bionicle Autopsy, back when the channel Wales called thethreevirtues on YouTube. It was kind of funny, because when I had watched all of the Bionicle Autopsy videos, I decided to check out the other stuff on the channel. I was in for a shock though, because I didnā€™t know that there were other cast members besides Var, so when I started watching ā€œtop 10 weirdest setsā€ and heard Mesoā€™s angelic voice for the first time, I freaked out. Meso has since become my favorite cast member XD.

3 Likes

I would hardly call his voice angelic :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Exactly.

1 Like

Youtube sidebar had one of the Top 10ā€™s from TTV.

Checked it out, 2 weeks later, got an account here on the boards.

1 Like

Itā€™s a bit of a long story. I read some of the Bionicle Adventures/Legends books forever ago at my local library. At that point Iā€™m not even sure I knew they were LEGO, or really what LEGO was. I got into LEGO in 2008ish and loved getting the Bionicle comics with the magazines and reading them. I only actually got a couple sets, I was more into the comics, but at some point they just stopped coming with the magazines.

A bit later, I canā€™t remember when, remembering the comics and books, I went onto the Bionicle Wiki and read up on the whole history of Bionicle. I also ordered a few of the old books off Amazon to read them. I loved - and still love - the story, Iā€™d read the serials all the time, and wait for an ending for ā€œThe Yesterday Questā€, wondering why it was taking so long to finish. Then one day, while frolicking on the Lego Message boards, I found the ā€œAsk Gregā€ topic and asked some questions about Bionicle. Over time, however, my interest in Bionicle kind of faded and I stopped visiting the wiki or the LMB.

Then one day, months later, I randomly decided to check out the topic again, and found people asking Greg about the ā€œreturn of Bionicleā€. I did a few searches and found TTV episode 117, talking about the sets. I liked it, so I watched the next one, 118, and the next, 119. 119 is probably the one that cemented me as a fan. The awesome insights in their discussion of internet anonymity and the whole people vs. statistic thing was really cool and interesting. Itā€™s still one of my favorite episodes. And I became a fan ever since. Iā€™ve watched most of their videos, and joined their boards.

But being a fan also kind of changed me, as TTV was more or less the first YouTube channel with a community I followed, which introduced me to so many new things. People compared Autopsy to Game Theory, so I checked that out, which introduced me to video game culture as a whole. TTVā€™s discussions about the MCU was one of the main reasons I started watching Marvel movies, and now Iā€™m a dedicated fan. And more recently, TTV Talks about RWBY got me to check out RWBY, which led me to Roosterteeth and RvB, and now I love all three.

Itā€™s really weird to think about the fact that randomly checking the ā€œAsk Gregā€ topic has led me to where I am now and probably changed my life at least some. And Iā€™ve kind of rambled on some, but there we are. And thank you TTV for helping me be the person I am now!

5 Likes

The first video covering the 2015 leaks got me into TTV, and got me back into Bionicle.

I found the video because I had found their review of The LEGO Movie, then I saw the video in my sidebar.

And Iā€™ve been a fan of both ever since.

2 Likes

Letā€™s seeā€¦

Mah boi @Jakura_Nuva said ā€˜boi u gotta join ploxā€™

I said ā€˜yeah maybeā€™

then a couple years later I joined

yey

1 Like

Top ten best Bionicle waves, or something like that, appeared in my YouTube feed

When ibionicle mentioned bio craft, in 2012!! WOW.

Oh yeah, iBionicle was a thing back then. RIP

1 Like

I was always here.

ā€¦
ā€¦
ā€¦

Always

~Hawkeye