How do you organize your pieces?

I have mini drawers for big pieces (masks, feet, bodies), and some internally divided plastic boxes for smaller pieces (joints, heads, hands), and for really small pieces (axles, pins, misc.), I have an even smaller divider box.
-Oonie

Iā€™m also of the ā€œI donā€™t organizeā€ group.

Bionicle here.
Non bionicle here.
Everything in between in creation here in a massive conglomerate hellhole.
Done.

2 Likes

I have all my Bionicle pieces separated into (big) bags by category, like feet, heads, armor, limbs, bodies, other, so on. My HF stuff is just chucked into one bin since I donā€™t have very much CCBS (relatively speaking).

I had to split up my box of little parts into five categories of its own since it was annoying me how long it took to find two of the same piece.

I donā€™t.

(As a result, most of the time I spend ā€œbuildingā€ is actually spent looking for partsā€¦)

3 Likes

I keep them all in their original boxes, in several cabinets/closets throughout my room.

Hereā€™s my current CCBS/BIONICLE set of drawers: (Iā€™ve got tons more System sorted, mostly in drawers and tackle boxes).

5 Likes

ā€¦Itā€™s soā€¦empty D:

AKA spread out

1 Like

You call that spread out? ā€¦Iā€™m now scared to see what your bins looks like. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I probably have about the same amount as you, I just have smaller containers so it looks like more. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Organize?

I organize by color for my bricks, and by several categories for Technic/BIONICLE/CCBS

Heads
Masks
Spines
Weapons
Premade Torsos
Premade Limbs
Gears
Waists
Pins/Axles
Feet
Sockets
Armor

And then I have a whole bunch of unsorted parts so that I can enjoy searching for parts, while still not having to do it for every single piece.

2 Likes

If I do ever get around to sorting Iā€™m going to do it by color.

2 Likes

My dad bought a bunch of bins and stuff to try and get me to organize all my lego, but I ended up using 2 of them. 1 manageable sized bin with most of the Bionicle and a lil bt of system, and one of those MASSIVE toy bins in my room filled to the brim with system and a lil bit of technic.

I donā€™t.

If I did, itā€™d be sorted by color and type and placed in order of the part I have the least of to the part that I have the most of.

OCD FTW. :S

2 Likes

If I ever did sort, I would probably separate weapon pieces, limbs and bodily parts, Kanohi, and other stuff.

1 Like

I keep all my parts in a large bin.

I keep all my pieces in a giant pile in the middle of my floor with an opening for me to sit.

3 Likes

Must make it a pain to walk around your room :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I donā€™t ;3

If you count ā€œTHROW EVERY PIECE IN A BOXā€ as organization, thatā€™s how I organize. But reading this is making meā€¦ organize-happyā€¦ help meā€¦

1 Like