How does Kanohi evolution work ?

Hello sir! It’s been years. Many questions asked, and answered. And yet, I have at least one more. Basically, Matoran masks can become Great Masks if destiny allows it. Throughout the media, we see numerous Great and Noble masks being worn.

So, my question is if a Great/Noble mask is worn and the user is transformed, does former mask stay the same, and the latter mask becomes a Great mask again ?

Thanks !

2 Likes

Yes, as Greg has answered on the LMBs. All masks from level 1-6 (powerless) aswell as 7 (Noble masks) become Great masks if it’s Matoran wearer is transformed into a Toa. (This does however not apply to switching masks while a Toa though, as seen when the Mata wore Noble masks.)

On another note; we do know Great masks turn into Noble masks when Toa transform into a Turaga, would powerless masks transform into Noble masks when Toa turn into Turaga?

Why do the masks reach power 8 when Toa transform? Is it tied to the Toa energies?

I donno…

2 Likes

One also has to wonder what would happen if a Toa was wearing a Legendary Kanohi when they turned into a Turaga.

1 Like

I personally wonder more is what would happen if a matoran was wearing a legendary mask and turned into a toa

1 Like

hey, unrelated question, but when the Toa Nuva got their new adaptive masks from Artahka, do they look the same as the regular Kanohi Nuvas ?

For the adaptive armor and the adaptive Kanohi Nuva were given to them in normal circumstances and normal (not in air/swamp/desert etc) environment, they looked like the normal ones, except their colors.

2 Likes