How To Display Kanohi?

Guys, I need some help. I have been finding old masks, and painting some of the new ones from the G2 sets. I would like to take all the masks currently not in use on MOC’s, and display them on a wall in my room. The problem is, I don’t have any idea how to do a good layout for the masks/ the heads they’ll fit on. I was thinking of making a sort of square out of Technic axle parts, and then attaching the Mata, Metru, and G2 heads on through the Technic hand pieces they used to use. Is that a good way to do it? If any of you guys have attempted something like this before, could you please upload some pics, so I have a sort of reference?

Thanks!

7 Likes

♪ Take a tube, of super glue! ♪

3 Likes

No! XD The masks will obviously need to be removeable, in case I require them later.

2 Likes

You could look for one of those Kahohi wall displays from Toys “R” Us from 2001 on the internet! :smiley:

5 Likes

Step 1: Get a piece of paper.
Step 2: Put the paper on the wall. (Attach it however you want.)
Step 3: Tape the masks to the paper.

2 Likes

Must make a pic of how it looks :smiley:

I will.

Better yet, use styrofoam and create wholes for to neatly get their mask edges in.

1 Like

I like to display my Kanohi like this:

16 Likes

:musical_note: …and that’s how they became the kakama bunch! :musical_note:

I wonder how many people will get that reference…

16 Likes

Tape them to the cat.

4 Likes

@Leoxandar: No. Just no.

3 Likes

Hmm, I see Ventum V1-4 up there, and Ventum V5, I see @SammySpartan, @Payinku, and myself up there.

coo’

2 Likes

Ventum’s solution is a bit parts-intesive, but it works. I’m using a similar system myself.

I do! Thank you Weird Al. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Step one: Put them all in a big box
Step two: put box under bed
Step three: Tell people about them, but don’t show them
Step four: profit

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s exactly what I was thinking.

My answer would depend on how many you’re displaying. If it’s around 10-20, a LEGO built stand could work. If it’s upwards of 30-40, you may want to look into something more practical.

Yeah yeah, the man named Brady, the lovely ladies, blah blah blah.

3 Likes

the best way to display masks is to use mata heads and display them striat up on the eyestoak.

You’ll need at least a few Technic parts as a support. Mata heads with masks on don’t stand up on their own.