How would YOU have done Bionicle: Stars?

Release the old sets in the same way they were back in the old days. Well, the best ones.

3 Likes

Except that they were nothing like the original sets and instead possessed the much-hated Agori builds. What were they thinking?

2 Likes

Save up time, cause we are shutting down the generation soon than intended.

Quick, make some memorable characters from what we got!

But all we got are 2009 Agori builds, there is no time to start making the old molds again.

Do the Agori thing and play on peoples nostalgia, we shall make millions. Muahahahah!

Billions sir.

Oh yeah, Billions…

2 Likes

They could’ve at least done some creative builds using current molds similar to the voyatoran instead of lazily rehashing the Agori. Lego is all about creativity right? And no, attaching an agori limb on the body to make a hunchback isn’t that creative

Seems like they were slapped together in a day or so.

2 Likes

Personally I thought the characters they chose were fine, maybe coulda added a couple Titans and Vehicles, but still. The concept was nice, but there are some sets from the lore I really wanted to see in set form, like Helryx, the Toa Hagah, Artakha, and Brutaka after his adventures in the Pit. My biggest peeve with the line was the smaller sets. If I wanted to have all 7 Toa Mata/Nuva together, it would look very awkward, as 2 of them would be half the height of the others. I’d also give them better weaponry, giving them a throwback-styled weapon with a blaster of their respective year. Give Gresh and skrall newThornax Launchers, Takanuva a Midak Skyblaster, Nektann/Piraka a Zamor Launcher, Tahu would have his sword and an open hand for his Golden Shield, and the Rahkshi would just have his staff. Overall, I wouldn’t have minded the 6 sets, if at least they were Toa/Glatorian sized with better weaponry.

3 Likes

[quote=“Squigly, post:25, topic:1911”]
characters they chose were fine
[/quote]Nah. I would’ve liked it if they included all memorable characters. Gresh and Skrall were just introduced in the previous year. Why not Barraki, Matoro, and Kopaka? Rahkshi, Takanuva, Tahu, and Nektann were pretty memorable. But not the 2 Glatorian that just came out. But more sets would have been good too

3 Likes

Very true. They were probably trying to throw in some Bara Magna flavor into the line, but Bara Magna does not nearly have as many species of inhabitants as the MU did, and since 2009 was the only year they had for development, the only candidates were Glatorian, and I doubt they’d introduce new ones. They could’ve at least given us Glatorians that coulda used a revamp, or in Skrall’s case, maybe a different “class” of Skrall, as Stronius was an Elite and Tuma was a Leader. I personally love the 2009 Gresh and his double weapon function. They coulda easily introduced some other characters, and considering Gresh is basically an Agori verson of the 2009 set and Skrall just sucks (Aside from that beautiful Black Kopaka Sword,) they should’ve used some other beings to fill the slots, also considering the reasons as to why Skrall and Gresh get re-made is dumb. I would’ve liked to see Lesovikk or Matoro return and maybe bring some other creature for the other character.

4 Likes

I liked 2009 Gresh too. He had a pretty good build(the Glatorian were pretty diverse using the Inika build to be honest) and the weapons were good. But I guess lore-wise they couldn’t bring Matoro back, so that’s why they didn’t. I personally wished the Stars could have made Bionicle go out with a bang. Giving Memorable characters larger sets (15 dollar large sets of the Stars), and just more sets in general

3 Likes

I would have liked to have Hali for the blue one, and a Pridak for white. I just think Takanuva should have been a canister set instead of one of the main six.

2 Likes

I’d just come out with enormous mata nui and makuta sets, with tiny rahkshi, toa, ect. figures around them.

1 Like

I would have made Stars a fully fleshed-out year. Not the six small sets we got.

WAVE 1
SMALL

• Red: Vultraz
  • Blue: Dalu
  • Green: Defilak
  • Brown: Ahkmou
  • Black: Fero
  • White: Omega Solek*

CANISTER
Original stars line-up upscaled

TITANS

• Makuta $20 (noncanon, simply represents him again in set form)
  • Artakha $20

WAVE 2
CANISTER

• Red: Vahki (rebuilt by Teridax to control rebels)
  • Blue: Hahli
  • Green: Iruni
  • “Brown”: Brutaka (downscaled, Ketorange instead of gold)
  • Black: Visorak (in playset colors)
  • White: Barraki (Pridak)

TITANS

• The Shadowed One $20
  • Either the Zivon or Kardas. $30 (It would have a different build and a more unified color scheme due to no longer being a combiner.)

VEHICLES:

• A Skakdi War Tank (includes new Skakdi character)
  • A Glatorian vehicle (includes Ackar and Kiina)
  • BOXOR V2 (includes Onepu)
  • EXO-TOA (includes Helryx)

I imagine that LEGO would most likely used pre-existing builds like the Inika build and the Agori/Av-Matoran builds for all the sets. (Although Visorak could be an exception; they are kind of similar to the Inika build.) Bohrok weren’t included as I don’t think they would translate well to the building techniques used at the time.

*(Actually Kopeke)

14 Likes

I wish this is what we got, that would have been amazing

4 Likes

You got hype flowing through what remains of my veins.

7 Likes

Not made them Av-Matoran build thats for sure. Also something more innovating than your standard Inika build.

1 Like

…So like the 2015 Masters? Or like the 2001 Toa? Or like the 2004 Metru? Or something completely different?

1 Like

This was part of a plan I drafted for if BIONICLE had continued.
2010 Summer wave (attack of the element lords)
small
canister
Fire Lord
Ice Lord
Water Lord
Sand Lord
Rock Lord
Jungle Lord
titan
Boxor T2 (with Fire Agori)
Flaxus (with normal Vican)

2011 winter Wave (fall of the Toa)
small
Kapura
Solek
Macku
Ahkmou
Taipu
Piruk
canister
crystal snake
venom snake
sand snake
titan
queen snake

2011 summer wave (the guardians of power)
small
Lava guardian
Iron guardian
Venom Guardian
Sand Guardian
Shadow guardian
Jungle Guardian
canister
Dex
Rovu
Tilo
Titan
light guardian
Artahka

2012 winter wave (the Mask of Time)
small
Tonli
Denliv
Neuriz
Arnot
canister
Balta
Mazeka
Idris
Kivi
Tehutti
Defilak
titan
Icarax

4 Likes

Okay, before I go off, let me remind everyone that if we’d gotten a 2010 as epic as the ones you all are describing, then Bionicle would not have returned. Just bear that in mind.

As such, I would completely go ham in creating these. Why? Because we figure that this is it. Here we go.

The plot would go through a whole year, with three waves (humor me). The Mata Nui v. Makuta titan fight would commence in Wave One, and some of the Toa and MR inhabitants would escape with the villains to help combat them.

Wave One sets:
Small sets ($7-$10)
Tanma
Kopeke
Berix

Canister sets ($12-$15) Bear in mind that Toa sized sets were cheaper back then.
Toa Pohatu Nuva
Toa Jaller ReIgnition (sort of like an upgraded version of the Inika)
Toa Iruni
Laser Rahkshi (Toa size, obviously)
Piraka Nektann
Skrall Branar (anyone remember him? An officer in Tuma’s army in the 9th graphic novel, I believe. Yeah, he gets beefed up)

Titan sets ($20-$50)
Helryx vs Vahki-nui
Mata Nui vs Makuta

Wave Two would feature Mata Nui’s defeat. He manages to pull the moons of Bara Magna back, but his robot body is suffering greatly. As such, Mata Nui grabs onto Makuta and uses a last-ditch ability to fuse the arms, upper torsos and heads of the two robots together. A team of warriors must enter the MR and shut it down for good before Makuta can undo the fusion. To aid the heroes, Mata Nui uses the Ignika to resurrect some of the MU’s most powerful warriors.

Small sets
Balta
Defilak
Vultran

Canister sets
Toa Onua Nuva
Toa Kongu ReIgnition
Toa Norik
Roodaka
Toa Tuyet
Vezon

Titan sets
Matoro, Toa of Life
Lhikan, Toa of Fire
The Mind of Teridax

Finally, Wave Three, right at Christmas time. The heroes have beaten Makuta, but they have yet to beat the one pulling the strings. The heroes face Velika and the Element Lords in a battle that will change the universe forever.

Small sets
None

Canister sets
Toa Tahu Nuva
Toa Lewa Nuva
Toa Kopaka Nuva
Toa Gali Nuva
Toa Hahli Reignition
Toa Takanuva

Titan sets
Fire and Ice Element Lords
Jungle and Rock Element Lords
Water and Sand Element Lords
Great Being Velika

Vehicle sets
Helryx and the Exo-Toa
Nuparu and Hewkii Blast Crawler
Artahka’s Chariot (with Artahka, obviously)

I will leave it up to you to use your imaginations on what these would look like.

4 Likes

If BIONICLE 2010 had a larger budget, then I would have advocated going all-out, probably with a wave of six Toa Nuva, Takanuva, and a system-built Mata Nui Robot set, released as a D2C online. If possible, it would have included the Prototype Robot as well, but that may have pushed up the price a little too much.

If that couldn’t happen, then I would have been content with keeping the 3 v 3, Hero vs. Villain formula, but with a better selection of characters (nobody from 2009) and Inika Builds. Preferably, though, it would still be the Toa Nuva.

-Mesonak

7 Likes

7 Likes

I would make sets as good as the display cases

10 Likes