HowTo: MOC Tutorials

Howdy there,
Trying to build a vo-toa moc utilizing the Dragon Bolt head in a torso. However can’t rightly say I’ve seen anyone use said piece in a torso before. As such was wondering if anyone here may know of mocs that have used it? Mainly just looking for inspiration.

1 Like

I’ve seen it before used in torsos, but all on horrible ways, so there’s no point in me pulling up pictures. However I might be able to help you myself.

How are you planning to apply it?

2 Likes

I’ve used it for my lizard man. I’m not too sure if this is the type of thing you are looking for. If you want any further info on how he’s built, just message me.

2 Likes

Not quite what I was thinking. My intended use would be more along the lines of body armor. So instead of using the generic HF armor that we saw on all the 2015 toa, I was thinking of trying to the dragon bolt piece instead with a custom torso.

So i’ve been working on a G3 Vahki MOC for a bit, but it’s pretty tough considering how few CCBS parts i have. However i ended up making a pretty good vahki 2.0 head that looks better and uses zamor spheres rather than kanoka disks. How do you guys think it looks so far?
(Ignore the opaque orange bohrok eyes, my plans are to eventually replace those with the red bohrok eyes and make a protector sized body rather than matoro inika’s body)

1 Like

How-To: Wärter

here is a how-to for Wärter’s torso, just ignore the colors

3 Likes

Ok, I have no idea for how it would be used in that way.

1 Like

I now have a ldd file in case someone wants it,

An ldd for Warter? I would very much like to see it if you please.

Well just the body, I cant make the entire thing because of the restrictions of ldd

The body looks interesting, I would still like to see, or at least have the possibility to.

So, the front of the torso. That’s what I figured.

I assume you want the snout of the headpiece facing downwards?

1 Like

Pretty much.

Hm.

There’s a few different designs that have come to mind, but I’m going to need to know a little more about it. Maybe we should take this to a Private Chat so as not to clutter the topic?

1 Like

I found this technique of hands that used in my King Scorpio, I started liking it and I wanted other people to see it ( of course you can use it)

2 Likes

@HewksDKowlihad requested a how-to on my new style of Matoran, so here it is.
The finished model is this guy:

The needed parts:

Instructions:

And here’s the extra construction for the mask merchant, allowing him to carry masks:

21 Likes

Can i use a normal hordika foot without the side blades?

shore
even though i don’t really need it now

1 Like

Hey, I got a question. Anyone know or have ideas on how to build a mace like this?

http://board.ttvchannel.com/uploads/db5640/original/3X/8/f/8f4fea793e884d9f40c8d8423c3de72035d09758.jpg

You could probably use gears.