HowTo: MOC Tutorials

sup in kinda new to mocing been doing it for almost a year and wanted to show in my opinion a great torso for bulky mocs heres the finished product on my self moc sylok

First off get these parts made up beforehand

the lower part dont really need explaining the hand piece is for if you want waist articulation

Next add one of the parts from befor as well as the armour

Add the pieces from befor to an Inika upper chest piece

connect the 2 parts together

now make these up (the 2 gray p[arts go on the back of the hana crab body

lock it in using 2 of the rods starting from the back

now add ccbs arms to the connecters as shown

now add these gray parts idk what thay are called and fold all the ccbs limbs into place

last add a ccbs armour add on to the centre of the chest aand there u go. this was from v2 of sylok but the first pic is v3 i think you can change it to match v3 your self i also didnt show you how to armour the back but thats for you to do as i use some illegal techniques becouse i wanted a connector foer shadow matoran as he is a phantoka moc the shadow matoran would become his wings

10 Likes

Dem knees though :thumbsup:

looking for some lower legs design that could fit a restricted movement ccbs bone
AKA this

Alright, now looking for an entire female moc

I need a easy torso that I can do with very limited bricks. And no ball joints (I think that’s what there called, there on the back of about every g2 bionicle set arms).

@LepidoliteMica

There are many purist ways to build that head too.

11 Likes

@Warrior_crafter by bricks do you mean system (lego bricks) or bionicle/technic parts?

@KAI_BORG i think a youtuber called jang bricks made a moc of one ages ago on his channel

Edited for Double Posting - Waj

Yeah, but I’ve never been able to figure out how it was made, was hoping maybe someone else did.

i think you would need to paint a brain attack head gray then use one of those really old harpoon gun pices for the antenna

Possibly, I’ll see if I have any, thanks. =P

Also is this for the blank heroes (brain attack) or the massive drone from the first movie?

the blanks from brain attack and what movie is there a giant drone?

Trails of Furno and I’m pretty sure it might be shown in a couple others, Stormer fought and disable it back when he was a rookie and it was left as a statue in… Whatever the city is called again, Jangbricks also made it.

oh yeah that thing

Yeah, need the head design or close to it for a moc I’m planning.

A lot of those leave the mask in the weronk position, though.

No, quite a few can be adjusted quite a bit

But not most. One and four stick out too far to be flush with the mask. Two obstructs the ball joint from underneath. Three doesn’t work with krana due to the position of the stud on krana being between two weird struts and only accepting a single stud piece. Six and seven stick too far back into the balljoint; I actually can’t get seven to work at all on my model. Nine I tried, but it’s loose and the mask is too low to be flush with the top. Five and eight might work, though, but I don’t have the pieces to test them.

The thing is, most of them can be adjusted to fit, by removing a busing and changing how far the bar goes in. Not to mention, 5 seems the most basic

Which is part of why I said 5 might work. The problems with the others, though, can’t just be adjusted. There’s nothing to remove from 1 and 4 to make them shorter horizontally; they can only be adjusted vertically. In order to modify 2 for anything less than painful hunchback you have to literally chop the head off the snake. In 3 the dish is physically too wide for krana, and the structure doesn’t make it obious whether this can be fixed. 6 is either too far out or cutting into the balljoint, depending on where you place the mug. 7 is cutting into the balljoint or too high, depending on whether you keep the bushing. 9 is the only one where removing the bushing changes the spacing issue, but the connection is still too loose to work anyway. That still leaves just 5 and 8 as possibly functional.

Right, most of these don’t work unless you make some adjustments and some, like the snake one, don’t work at all. The one I’d go with in an actual moc is the first design I came up with, 8.

Okay, so I just tested a real version of 8. It works great, you just need to remove the 1x1 round tile with bar and just insert the wrench itself into the shell. Cool, that worked out nicely.

17 Likes

So I’m sure that everyone loves Mixel eyes, and wants to know how to incorperate them in everything, so I decided to share some tutorials on how to make some of my Mixel eye heads. Of course, I need to keep some secret so I have an edge, so these are not the one that works on every mask that fits the metru head.

I also felt like testing out my new background…

First, Tanma’s mask (Noble Miru?)
Parts:

Then attach the Mixel eyes to the mask. I was dumb and didn’t take a picture of that.

Shameless Plug XD

Makuta’s Mask (Krakhann?)

The way I connect it so pretty bad, so I’ll let the you guys figure it out.

Parts:

Fire Lord’s Helmet

Parts:

Questions?

35 Likes