HowTo: MOC Tutorials

I need help with the darn arms for this lassy…I went over 15 designs yet none fit…I would be really grateful for any help offered…any bright idea? :frowning:

3 Likes

Stare into their soulless eyes and know fear.

7 Likes

Or just see whatever is behind them.

2 Likes

That’s supposed to be female, right? That’s what you meant by “lassy”?

1 Like

Lassy- Lass
Laddy-Lad

As for your question, yes, it is indeed a female MOC.

1 Like

@MakutaTexxidos

Honestly, I think it’s difficult to come up with a good arm design for a slim MOC with human proportions.

Don’t get me wrong, your MOC doesn’t look bad, but perhaps it would help to shorten the legs so you can make the arms shorter (long arms tend to look spindly) and/or make the torso broader which would allow the arms to be build thicker without them looking too thick.

EDIT:

So, since I’ve been asked about it, here are the “instructions” for my Okotian custom torso, which I used on my Harvali MOC:

Part list (a bit colourful, because I just took what I had at hand - but it should also help in making things out):

Hips: balljoints with a through axle hole should hold better, but I’m fully out of those. And you would see the axle on the outside if you use them.

Upper torso:

Front:

Back:

These Turaga hand parts just barely fit there and I can’t guarantee, that they won’t bend a little over time. I added them because otherwise I felt like the neck would appear too long - they’re not necessary to hold everything together.

And the finished thing from the front and from the back:

When you add a CCBS shell to the front it also doesn’t fit perfectly, but it should hold.

I hope all of this is building instruction enough. If not - just ask!

12 Likes

Thank you maybe next time can show me how to build the spear, bag, and the lantern?

Oh and the dagger as well.

Edited for Double Post - Waj

Everything but the bag looks pretty straightforward and simple. Shouldn’t be too hard to build with just pictures.

1 Like

so my self moc is almost done…
it has two forms…
but i need to make a custom cape…
+9,001 hours

Step one: choose a material.

Step two: cut out the desired length.

Step three: apply to MOC.

Step four: ???

Step five: profit.

6 Likes

Step four: make sure it fits with the moc

@guess352

Hey, I can’t tell all my secrets! :wink:
After all it’s My Own Creation.

7 Likes

HOLY S*** HE HAS DONE A RWBY!

5 Likes

Yes… I already noticed that…

I seek help in building one of those pelvis which use a 3-lenght CCBS shell on the front. Does anybody have a little tutorial on how to make it?

So I don’t normally ask for help when building mocs, but well running into a bit of a wall here. Does anyone have a good head design for the original Knights Kingdom Helmets/Visors, particularly the Original Vladek visor?

3 Likes

Here’s one I have been using. Only uses 2 parts and attaches like a normal mask.

Wouldn’t work for the others, though.

7 Likes

Hmm, that does seem handy and clever. I’ll have to remember it. Though I also have other Knights Kingdom Visors, such as the red, blue and purple visors, whose names elude me at the moment, so if anyone has head ideas for them, I’m still open to help.

1 Like

can you show us a picture, because I don’t know what you’re talking about. If you need a pelvis using a certain piece, just try to make it yourself, unless you have a specific model.

Hey guys. Can you give me some tips and/or ideas for how to make a big good looking sword that does not have the problems a lot of g1 weapons had, where they look good from one side but open and unfinished from the other ?

Itr can also be make out of system.

1 Like