HowTo: MOC Tutorials

Alright, thanks!

What kind of armor do you want on it?

Either something greebly, like an Inika shoulder/upper arm armor piece, or something spiky. Piston-y/mechanical greebles would be preferred though since the torso is currently the only part with that kind of texturing. the rest is all smooth and spiky CCBS.

Not sure if I can help you with something greebly,

You can use this as a base.

The way I have it set up it has smooth spiky armor though, and it doesn’t really work well with the Ikika armor pieces.

5 Likes

This might actually work with my MOC. I’ll see if I can make one of the arms (none of my parts are organized so it can take me a while to find certain parts). Can you take a picture of the full arm?

Multiple angles here.

1 Like

Ok, here are the instructions for my Cliff Drake MOC:

To make this as short as possible I’ll leave out some things like the legs and the tail since their build is pretty straightforward. I’ll also leave out most of the flames.

Parts

Torso

Wings

Head

That’s it, enjoy!

@MaximusPrime here you go

24 Likes

holy moly look at all those ball joints, I wish I had atleast half of those, if they didn’t dissapear…

7 Likes

Yeah, I now :laughing: No wonder I’m out of balljoints the moment I decide to build a new MOC.

You would only need 6 balljoints, though, if you replace those special Axle connector/ball socket pieces that I used with CCBS bones - although in my opinion the whole MOC looses quite some of its G1 feel through that.

1 Like

Thanks man. Now if only I had even half the parts to make this. :sweat_smile:
Like I’ve said before, this is a beautifully done moc, and honestly, one of the best dragon mocs I’ve ever seen. I’m going to have to bookmark this post, 'till the day I have enough money to use Bricklink.

1 Like

I want them legs…

1 Like

Anyone know how to fix this? I know I might be overthinking it, but I can’t find a way to do this.

Looking for a way to add two axle weapons (as close to eachother as possible) directly above the main axle, and not over to the side like this is. Lil’ help?

1 Like

To be honest, I’d just add something going up the middle and have them separated. I can’t think of a way to do what you’re trying to without it being overly clunky and ugly.

Yeah. I’ll wait on it though. There’s enough geniuses in this community I bet someone has figured something out.

You could dump a lot of system on it to have it like that, it may look really blocky though. not to mention unstable.

EDIT: @Novel got it!

It can flop from side to side but is pretty stable.

Im I a genius?

12 Likes

Drat, I was beaten to it.

Although my design is actually smaller, but more Technic-heavy.

2 Likes

Hey it might still be a good idea to post it, you never know if novel will like it more or have the parts for yours not mine. Or anyone else that wants to make one.

1 Like

Aye, good idea.
http://i.imgur.com/UGHWrrw.jpg
Add any bushings or whatnot as needed. Really simple Technic adapter, don’t know why I didn’t think of it immediately :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

@Ekorak @AwesomeJoel27
Holy crap, guys… thanks.

Yeah, I’m gonna have to go with Ekorak’s version, as I have a much larger amount of those pieces than the other.

I’ll give you credit if I ever post a moc with that thingy on it, eh?

3 Likes

I know you already have a few ideas, but I thought mine could still work if you needed.

x2 Technic Axle Holders

x2 Technic 2M Half-Beams

x1 2M Technic Axle

x1 3M Technic Axle

x2 Bionicle Crystal Sword

And it should look like this (if you can tell by this MSPaint doodle).