HowTo: MOC Tutorials

Thanks man. Now if only I had even half the parts to make this. :sweat_smile:
Like I’ve said before, this is a beautifully done moc, and honestly, one of the best dragon mocs I’ve ever seen. I’m going to have to bookmark this post, 'till the day I have enough money to use Bricklink.

1 Like

I want them legs…

1 Like

Anyone know how to fix this? I know I might be overthinking it, but I can’t find a way to do this.

Looking for a way to add two axle weapons (as close to eachother as possible) directly above the main axle, and not over to the side like this is. Lil’ help?

1 Like

To be honest, I’d just add something going up the middle and have them separated. I can’t think of a way to do what you’re trying to without it being overly clunky and ugly.

Yeah. I’ll wait on it though. There’s enough geniuses in this community I bet someone has figured something out.

You could dump a lot of system on it to have it like that, it may look really blocky though. not to mention unstable.

EDIT: @Novel got it!

It can flop from side to side but is pretty stable.

Im I a genius?

12 Likes

Drat, I was beaten to it.

Although my design is actually smaller, but more Technic-heavy.

2 Likes

Hey it might still be a good idea to post it, you never know if novel will like it more or have the parts for yours not mine. Or anyone else that wants to make one.

1 Like

Aye, good idea.
http://i.imgur.com/UGHWrrw.jpg
Add any bushings or whatnot as needed. Really simple Technic adapter, don’t know why I didn’t think of it immediately :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

@Ekorak @AwesomeJoel27
Holy crap, guys… thanks.

Yeah, I’m gonna have to go with Ekorak’s version, as I have a much larger amount of those pieces than the other.

I’ll give you credit if I ever post a moc with that thingy on it, eh?

3 Likes

I know you already have a few ideas, but I thought mine could still work if you needed.

x2 Technic Axle Holders

x2 Technic 2M Half-Beams

x1 2M Technic Axle

x1 3M Technic Axle

x2 Bionicle Crystal Sword

And it should look like this (if you can tell by this MSPaint doodle).

@MaskmakerOfLight

1 Like

True, but if you flip it, it won’t look like it’s to the side.

but the blades will be sitting atop one another.

What do you mean by that? The blades will be leveled at the same height.

ok

the blades, in your original model, would be sitting off to the side of the main shaft.

if you turned the blades, then they would be sitting atop one another.

1 Like

I should have clarified.

I meant to flip the technic design of it, by having the 3M axle on the left side instead of the right, and then put the blades in. Then it would look like this in the fist.

1 Like

That would work if the thing was a sword. However, I had in the original picture (and intend to make the design based around) a spear-like weapon, as I had the long axle.

I get what you’re saying though, and it is a very strong design, however simple.

2 Likes

Here are HowTos to two of my Mocs:

Mantis-Frog
Flipper-Crab

And there are the links to their own topics:
Mantis-Frog
Flipper-Crab

Feel free to use the desings but please say so if you do so.

2 Likes

does it have a butt?

those two armor pieces are weird

6 Likes