HowTo: MOC Tutorials

What kind of scale are you looking for?

i’d say a bit bigger than a toa inika or something like that

that’s pretty good but sadly i don’t have the parts make it

1 Like

You might be able to upscale this design.

6 Likes

oooh that’s great
thanks

1 Like

The lower torso? It’s connected to a ratcheting socket, the legal way that galidor parts are meant to be attached.

A few bionicle sets use the ratcheting system. The Bahrag, the Exo-Toa, and Makuta '03 include them.

5 Likes

Anyone got a good custom torso design for a toa sized figure, but also allows you attach a ccbs torso shell?

That is something I still have not figured out.

1 Like

I have the full wave one of slizers, including one fro wave two.

Ever get any of those cool throwbot visors, wanted to use them, but never found a way to attach them? Well you’re in luck! With this handy dandy trick, covering things up with visors will be a cinch!

Rigid hose should be cut to approximately 1.25 cm for best fit.

19 Likes

Ohh nice one

3 Likes

didn’t know where else to post this so

you can close UtD’s mouth just by removing his mask and attaching it lower on the head/skull

it isn’t lined up with the eyes but it holds there pretty well

7 Likes

Doesn’t really work on umarak tbh, works beautifully with the beasts though, I have two of mine like that.

2 Likes

A few people wanted to know how I managed to give a Bohrok and articulated head, so I have created a series of pictures to show how I did it.

These are the pieces you will need:

We begin with the head,

you’ll need to place a three long axle near the catapult, there should be an axle hole there, then you must slide a hand piece and pop the Hordika neck in, don’t for get to use another three long axle piece like in the picture.
(NOTE: I used a 2008 hand piece, if you wish to roll the bohrok around like crazy, I suggest using a CCBS version of this piece.

Next you’ll need Half of a Bohrok body:

See where that fleshy Finger is pointing, well, you’ll need to put the three long Axle piece (the one on the Hordika neck) into that long slot, this should give the head the ability to move back and forward, like the original function, though it don’t go very far.’

the head now should be connected to the body like this

Make sure to place the additional construction in front of it, this should fill in the gaps if your looking at it’s front view

Before you place the other half of the body and head on, look at the picture below:

I have placed a gear on the head to give the illusion that it looks like the actual set,the gear is held there by the to long black axle piece, though a three long axle would be better. I have also placed a two way Technic piece in the body to fill in the gap, and I have placed a rubber bad there to make it look more like the set would. Also those Ball pin thingy’s that hold the rubber band in place help hold the arm’s in place when the Bohrok is folded into a ball, like the set.

Now that you’ve done all of that, place the other halves of the body and the head if you haven’t all ready, once that’s done, place the arms and legs on, once thats finished your almost done…

all that’s left is to place your chosen Krana into the modified Bohrok and your done!

But remember wake one, you wake them all…

Thanks to every one that wanted to know how to make a Modified Bohrok, My only gripe with the construction is that the head will wobble up and down. If any one Finds a better way to create a movable head for a bohrok, let me know, I’d be very interested, and remember, if there’s any Moc or Mod that I post and you want to know how it was constucted, i’ll be happy to give instructions like I did with this one, but I won’t do every moc, as some I feel would be to hard or I’d feel like I don’t want to take it apart. anyway I hope 2017 will be great year for everyone individually, BYE.

14 Likes

Sorry I couldn’t post this earlier

38 Likes

Neat!

I may have an upper body design you would like. - Granted it requires a few special pieces and “illegal” connections but you should be able to build it. - I can post a how-to as soon as Friday.

2 Likes

Okay, so an update on stuff…

The Mask of Ultimate Power is a bit overdue now, aye? yeah, life kept pushing it back, but once I have the rest of my current MOC projects out of the way (K-2S0, Toon Link, Bowser, and somehow a brickonicle entry, just to name a few) I will try to get pics of that for you.

Sorry for taking half a year, but it’s coming, and hopefully soon.

2 Likes

So I got a couple copies of BF Jyn Erso on clearance and they came with these fancy new 318 adapters I used to build a pretzel.

11 Likes

If you use gray tube it could be a wind-up turner.

2 Likes

Good idea but unfortunately soft tube doesn’t come in gray. Rigid does but it won’t fit under the bars w/o damaging the adapter. Pneumatic tube does come in gray, but it won’t fit the holes on top so it’d be most efficient to use non-lego electrical tubing.

3 Likes