HowTo: MOC Tutorials

very true

Here is a how to of The Dark Toa. Took a lot of pictures, so I hope you’re happy. Again, the concept credit goes to lalam24 on deviantart.

First we have the back and neck region.

Then we have the head, which is actually my original design.

After that we have the front upper torso region.

Next, we have the lower torso.

Now we have the arms.

And finally, the legs.

And now you have the completed MOC. It looks like a Toa Mata, but it is much more articulate. It also looks better proportionally. You can make any custom version of this, this was my idea. Also, the red ball really breaks the color scheme, but it’s all I have at the moment, the blue pin-axles do as well, but black ones don’t provide enough friction, anf the 3-long axle with a stud in the lower torso is supposed to be modded to be shortened by 1 length. All the dark grey peices should be black, and all the clear slanted tiles should also be black.

31 Likes

Some of the pictures seem out of order.

I did what I could, but it’s still messed up somehow. Oh well

thank you for showing the tutorial. if i use it should i give credit to both you and the origanal creator?

1 Like

Nah dude. Just give credit to the original creator, and if you use the head design you can credit me if you want, but I’m not gonna hunt you down or anything

1 Like

ok thanks

1 Like

I messing with giving one of my Mocs tentacles and stumbled upon an interesting weapon system.

I can imagine the weilder would complete the weapons by powering them with their element.

24 Likes

That could be an interesting gimmick.

4 Likes

how do I torso

send help

6 Likes

@PotatoAlien

32 Likes

Thank Mata Nui…

I will most definitely use this design.

Also, you should try putting those little yellow spikes into the holes on the Matatu’s forehead.

Just a suggestion

2 Likes

I know it’s overly complicated but it’s what I had

15 Likes

sigh

It’s time for BrickLink.

3 Likes

Im fairly sure you are not Lalam24

3 Likes

Lol yeah if you scroll up a bit you’ll find that I did credit him. Personally I really admire his revamps of the toa mata, and I have been trying to replicate them (as well as build gali and pohatu) but I haven’t had the money to buy the peices.

2 Likes

oh if you credited him that’s fine, Im not a man who reads a lot, I thought you were just making as if you made the torso yourself, sorry :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It’s in post 1203 if you wanna see it, there I do the legs and arms too

Anybody have advice for lower leg and upper arm designs? I can’t find a solid way to build up a joint.

This is what I have so far:

4 Likes

Well, my basic idea for the lower legs would be something like this:

It’s kinda tough to cover the gap under the balljoint up, though.

But I can’t think of anything different that would work here except preformed leg pieces.