HowTo: MOC Tutorials

Something steampunk looking, that I can have exposed gears and possible still put on a small armor shell.

1 Like

thanks man i appreciated the explanation

2 Likes

That… would require me to charge my tablet and fiddle around with it for a good half an hour due to its stupid selfie camera, and for everyone else to look past picture quality so horrible that it could potentially make all of your eyes start bleeding, but I’ll see what I can do.
No promises, though.

2 Likes

here, have an upper arm design

some are flipped, some are not, I dont care and neither should you

31 Likes

Imma bookmark this. Seems so useful.

2 Likes

Okay, so apparently I was exaggerating a little, and I got one that didn’t turn out as bad as I thought it was going to… after taking about 30 of them. Considering that I had to stare at the screen from an angle in order to get it and not at the actual figure itself, I consider that a win.
It still kind of looks like like crap, though, so bear with me.

2 Likes

you might want to fix the picture

3 Likes

If it’s visible, then that’s unfortunately as good as it’s getting.

2 Likes

It’s not visible tho…

It’s a white box of nothingness.

3 Likes

Really?
I can see it on my end…

2 Likes

When we click on the picture we get sent to a different website with a dialogue box appearing and saying we are not logged on.

2 Likes

Attempting to fix now.

Update: Wasn’t able to do so. Sorry folks.
I did manage to transfer it over onto the hard drive of my PS3, though, so I can send it out to a staff member via email if one would be kind enough to edit it in, but it’s probably not going to happen otherwise.

3 Likes

I dont Moc that much, but today I was playing around with some pieces when I came up with this custom mask.

You’ll need these pieces. Any color will work.

Just add a hand and you’re done!

It looks cool on MOCs too.

You can use it if you want. You don’t have to credit me but you can. If anyone’s done this before please tell me. Toodles!

10 Likes

Very simple, but I kinda like it. Maybe use the brown one and get a cool tribal mask.

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion! :smile: I would try that, but I don’t have brown Rahkshi feet. Is there a site that you can buy BIONICLE/Technic parts on?

2 Likes

Bricklink is a good place

2 Likes

Thanks! :blush: it is time to brick all the links!

3 Likes

Here’s a tutorial for the Okotian custom torso which I used on my new Harvali MOC as requested by @Morgy:

Note that there are two types of the normal length 2 pins - ones with thick sides and ones with thin sides. You can only put a bar inside the ones with thin sides.

This torso is one unit longer than a Protector torso.

That’s it, hope you find it useful!

24 Likes

Thanks for posting!

3 Likes

Yesterday, I was designing a virtual MOC when I made this custom torso.

Here are the parts that you’ll need (Any of them can be color swapped, and the 5-long axle is never used.)

First, the upper torso.

Time for the lower torso.
Now just put it on the upper half and the frame is complete!

Now you can use CCBS or custom parts to make look how you want!

If you want to put G2/Glatorian heads on, just take a 2-long axle and two balljoints and put them together.

That’s it for now! Feel free to use this in your MOCs, and if anyone has made something very similar to this please tell me. Bye!

22 Likes