HowTo: MOC Tutorials

Would really like a tutorial for how to fill in the metru torso area while also making the lower part of the torso have armor coverage. Also the there has to be room to place the Bohrok shield that fills in the upper torso area.

2 Likes

Adds personality

2 Likes

And most importantly, coolness /s

2 Likes

Ok here’s a question;
I’m trying to build an upper body that’s close to the size of a human torso (It’s going to be in LDD). I’m aiming for it to be able to have basic articulation (wrists, elbows, shoulders).

1. What are tips to make something this large not fall apart?
  2. Are there ways of making moveable limbs that can support heavy weight?
    Thanks!
2 Likes

To support limbs as heavy as those, you’ll want to get a whole lot of those piston peices you find on titan sets

2 Likes

Get a ridgid metal framing supporting the technic beams which aupport the upper later of constraction and system pieces.

4 Likes

A ton of you guys (@Lehari @anon90160534 @Matanui606) who saw my Vignette “Bionicle: In Memoriam” wanted to know how to build it, and while I’m no professional and don’t have my background with me right now, I took a ton of photos so y’all could see how it’s done! It starts with the assumption that you can build a 10x10 base out of a level of bricks sandwiched between two layers of plates- easy peasy, the tree is the most difficult part imo, but if it’s too confusing just comment and I’ll try to explain as best I can. Hope ya enjoy! :mask:

@waj plz help^

Photos 1 - 10

Photos 11-20

Photos 21-30

Photos 31-40

Photos 41-47

Edit: If you need me to flip images the right way round, please flag your post with a custom message that says so next time. Thanks! - Waj

9 Likes

So I was supposed to do this like, six months ago. Saw Entropy on my shelf and decided to finally do it!

The build is almost entirely simple stuff so this shouldn’t take too long.

We’re gonna start out with the easy stuff: His legs. These are really just basic Piraka leg frames with some Technic for the thighs. The small System build fits into the back of the leg using the clip to fill out the back without hindering articulation.
How To: Agent Entropy

Like so. Very simple.

Next up is the waist. You’ll need all of these little bits.

They all fit together like so.

Next up is the torso and I swear there is no black magic involved.

Bringing the waist block back in, these fit into two major segments, leaving us with just 3 parts to fit in.

The CCBS armor shell holds the two System tiles inside the torso snugly, keeping the armor from swaying and filling in the gaps on the sides.

Now you can combine the torso and waist, pinning the open tubes on the back into the Technic holders on the torso.

The arms are incredibly simple. Basic stuff here, nothing can’t be figured out at face value.

Next up is the head. I’ve included the scarf here since it’s so important to his visual, but it’s a very simple piece of black cloth with a hole in it to loop back on itself. Otherwise, everything else should be simple enough.

It all combines and looks a little something like this.

Add arms and head! Almost done.

Last on the list is the showstopper fan tail. You’ll need like, 8 Gorast wings for this so I highly doubt most people can replicate this, but it can be done with quite a few other sword pieces.

Combine the builds, squeezing the two System constructs inside the handguard of the two middle wing pieces to link them together with pressure. Last, grab one of those little System bits as shown, or find something else to finish out your flair.

Pin the tail on the Revenant and you’re good to go!

Hopefully this was insightful and/or useful to you. Designs are all just designs, feel free to use them but I highly appreciate being credited for my work. Thanks! :thumbsup:

See ya round.

29 Likes

Reminds me of the chain sword from Pacific rim

2 Likes

So here’s a lower legs design I came up with the other day for my Partuka V2 moc. Hope you guys find it useful.

For the above picture, make sure to keep the axles one hole apart. Also, the tire might be a little hard to get on.

When attaching this little assembly, the technic holes on the Skrall armor go on the studs, while the little clip attaches to the torch element.

There it is! Hope you all find this useful.

24 Likes

Is it okay to post a how to with 206 steps here?

2 Likes

Maybe post it on a hosting site and link it here? I don’t think there’s a problem with it, but it can get tedious to scroll through.

2 Likes

Hello everyone, i knowi posted not to long ago about my how to, so im posting a link to a how to video showing the 206 steps of building Arcdron, my self moc.

Arcdron contains painted parts, like the bow arms,the chest piece and the head.

Ill give you a little hint to it .

Now go and have a look at the video if you feel like it, why not say hello while youre there.

Se ya!

10 Likes

May somebody please point me towards possible options of a custom, beefy, CCBS bone design?

2 Likes

K, so I need a design for a really, really, really slim, long, system hand. Like, made out of system pieces as much as possible.

3 Likes

How big?

2 Likes

width-wise, I’d say no bigger than a Star Wars battle droid body.

3 Likes

Not sure if this is too big or not.

3 Likes

How’d you do that thumb?

Also, put technic claw peices on the ends of the fingers

1 Like

This hinge piece. Unfortunately, the thumb can’t move much, but it works well enough.

2 Likes