HowTo: MOC Tutorials

New Elementary is hosting a reverse engineering challenge where you replicate structures that LEGO designer Ryan Howerter and others build. I have solved the first five puzzles. Here are my solutions for those interested.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

14 Likes

The only ones that managed to confuse me were the top and bottom ones. Everything else was easy enough to figure out without actually building it.

I must say though, they did a clever job putting these together and I’m hoping they do more.

2 Likes

I’ve made a rather large Teridax MOC that’s about twice the height of a Toa. However, his sheer size means that the regular Kraahkan looks way too small on him.

I have a 2004 Kraahkan that could suffice as the top part of his head, but the mask isn’t an easy part to use, so I’ve been wondering if the people here could help work out a head to put the mask on.

Additionally, I’m not all that worried about fitting eyes inside the mask. I won’t complain about them being there, but I’m also okay with an empty void in the eyeholes of the Kanohi.

It could be possible, but I’d need to see the rest of the moc first. Also, I recently acquired an 04 Kraakhan that I’ve been attempting to work into a different model, so I’ve been thinking about the mask a lot lately.

1 Like

I’d try using the mask to make a bigger head, perhaps with teeth and stuff

Alright, this is the latest version that I’ve got photos of. The general idea is that it’s a Marendar that has been taken over by a remnant of Makuta.

7 Likes

I’d say the current head size looks fine. The Kraahkan is a fairly large Mask, and the 2004 one is actually smaller.

4 Likes

Just opening it in paint will not work while in paint you will also need to use the rotate tool located at the top of the screen where it will say rotate, clicking on that will present four options clockwise 90 degrees, anticlockwise 90 degrees, and horizontal or vertical flip. That is how i correct my images.

Anyone have any good ideas for giving ankle tilts to Knights Kingdom figures? The fact that their feet only go forwards and back makes posing extremely limited.

2 Likes

Likus… those bother me… they are unsettling

Has anyone else solved this?

8 Likes

More specifically I was wondering if there was a decent way to use them with bionicle heads/parts as opposed to knights kingdom II heads. 1592079965291673070513112953461|375x500

1 Like

“Is to possible to learn this power?”

“Not from a purest“

You can either a cut pin axel to the size of these Technic, Pin 3/4 : Part 32002 | BrickLink and attach them to a brain attack head or use blue tak

Or maybe you don’t want to go to the dark side. Fair enough, I’ve been thinking of a solution.

Stamp/ dalek eyes attached to a brain attack head.

I’ve never really tried it before but it might work.

5 Likes

Not sure how well the images show it but I did that for this MOC a ways back
Imgur
Imgur

I cut a tube to 4L and put it through both “ear holes” of the glatorian head. Technically not purist since the tube I used was one of the fibre-optic Exo-Force ones, but should be possible with soft tube too.

9 Likes

You can still connect it in purist ways though. Not sure if cutting flex tubes is the best opinion here.

Every helmet/visor from KKII can be attached to an upside down 6-stud shooter. If you can build something like this

Then you should be able to clip any visor into the side notches like so:

Of course, this means that the only eye colour is blue, but it still works.

16 Likes

hey, same here!
but I seriously have 5 or 6 black throwing arms for them

Back in 2016 I bought something I now know as the ‘Slizer Sack’. As the name suggests, it was a sack containing most of the Slizers. I think it was only missing Spark and Flare. Additionally, Energy had no head and City had no wheels. But because of the Slizer Sack, I now have enough Teal, Purple and Yellow constraction pieces to last me a lifetime.

3 Likes

ooooohhh…
I have some of the pieces to spark (just the purple and FIVE or SIX throwing arms (which annoys me))
speaking of spark, is it just me or does the purple in his arm and the purple everywhere else on him not match?
if its just me…
I have colorblindness to thank for that

I too own Spark, and that seems to be indeed the case. His left arm’s purple is indeed slightly different than the rest of his purple parts.

1 Like