Hydrogen, Bearer of the Stars

Easily the most fragile build of mine, this is not exactly a model for a great range of poses.

The embodiment of the element hydrogen. The color scheme came from the range of colors of stars, Red to Yellow to Blue, which is represented by the color transition on the model. Since stars are made up of mostly hydrogen, where the vast majority of hydrogen in the universe is found and the reason stars can actually sustain themselves, it seemed like a pretty good fit. The two orbs can be either two stars or two hydrogen atoms or two protons. The fire/flame design for this came from not only the star motif but also the Hydrogen molecule being very flammable.

The model uses technic/bionicle pieces to make up most of it with a handful of system parts for extra detailing and add texture to the lower part.

This was made as an entry in a competition on the Bionicle subreddit.

EDIT: Just want to say thanks for all the love this thing is getting, It’s my most popular Bionicle MOC to date. :slight_smile:

EDIT: MOC Spotlight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm9EqjQjD6M&t=0s
:slight_smile:

201 Likes

Daaaaang dude, this looks freaking epic!
I love how all the colours just flow into each other going from red to gold to blue to purple.
My only complaint is that the blades on the back don’t look like they belong there.

6 Likes

Wow, this looks awsome!

1 Like

this is inanely good, i love it, just brilliant , i give 10 Origan Fingers out of 10

1 Like

This is amazing. I’ve seen very few builds that embody periodic table elements, but this is by far one of the best. It perfectly captures the nature of hydrogen.

1 Like

No words.

This is freaking epic, great part usage!

1 Like

Dang, this thing is awesome! The concept is pulled off brilliantly. I especially like ■■■■■ in color across the body.

1 Like

Holy crap.
This. Is. AMAZING.
I love the color scheme, and it’s balanced so well, the torso uses the creature head in a good way, and over all this is just a great MOC.
10/10

Spectacular! The parts usage, the elemental feel, the color transitioning, it all comes together excellently.

That bottom part looks amazing. I especially love the head. Great job

Wow, that is fantastic. Well done!

it looks good

it would be a tiny bit cooler if there were some gold armour in the lava bit like its either falling off or broken or melting

######wow

1 Like

Chemisrty for the win!

2 Likes

Excuse my pun.

This is Stellar,

4 Likes

WOOOW! Forget posing! I’m impressed just looking at this guy!

Beautiful! :cry:

One down, 114 to go :P!

1 Like

I love the use of the fire pieces!

I feel weirdly out of the loop here, you talking about the flame pieces?