Hydruka

Archive Entry #8931

Hydruka are stubborn aquatic Rahi, formerly domesticated by the Matoran of Mahri Nui.

Hydruka

Muaka
Tarakava
Nui Rama
Manas
Ghekula Frog
Gukko
Ussal
Tahtorak
Colony Drone
Acid Fly
Hydruka
Hahnah Crab
Klakk

59 Likes

That’s super cute! I love it, good job.

Need more pictures

I’ve only known about this MOC for 2 minutes, but if anything happened to it, I would kill everyone in the room and then myself. That’s how smol you’ve made this boi.

3 Likes

That’s amazing! Cute in a weird ocean way.

1 Like

Your rahi mocs are very good. :ok_hand:
I also like your muaka as it also reminds me of ravage from transformers lol. Just the shapping and simplicity of your rahi’s give them that spark

I suppose I should’ve been more clear, but the all the Rahi linked in the descriptions are by other builders whom I collaborated with. The Muaka is by Redverse (And I agree that it’s excellent). If you find the time I’m sure the other builders would love to hear your feedback!

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying lol.

It doesn’t really remind me of a Hydruka.

Cheesy I’m gonna need to stop you before the cuteness overload kills some poor grandmother.

But seriously, this, and all the linked MoC’s, are incredible.

2 Likes

Why didn’t you made separate topics for all of the Rahi?

Cause they aren’t his :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Oh…
Oh…
Sorry.

It’s great! I do miss the Rahkshi head, though.

Good job, it’s interesting how you used the Knights’ Kingdom shoulder armor for it!

@meepinater
@SirKeksalot
@Kini_Hawkeye
@Toa_Vladin
@Kardax
@Toa_Radrix
@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister
@SonicBionicleMaster
Thanks, everyone! I feel like this provides context to just about everyone’s thoughts so I wanted to share this with you all. The biggest inspiration for the moc was the giant isopod I tried mixing it with features of the Hydruka (which I find to be a rather boring set), such as the tail and head, but I felt the head needed to be scrapped due to the small size. The Exo Force/Knight’s Kingdom armor felt like the right choice, but I was also heavily inspired by Anthony Wilson’s Plague Mech Theta. Some of the other builders may have posted on the boards, I’m sure they’d love to hear your thoughts as well!

9 Likes

Although now I can see the inspiration behind the moc (I already knew about the isopods) the inspiration material changed the end result so much that it can’t be compared to what it supposed to be.
I am not saying it is bad. I am just saying thst it doesn’t look like a Hydruka anymore.

He protec
He attac
But most importantly
He has 2 armor pieces for his bac

5 Likes

Ah the good ol Isopod.

1 Like

Hmmmm. I thought the inspiration was a pill bug. But isopod are really cool!