If Bionicle would ever return, what are your ideas for the come back?

You have a point there, and I’m not sure if I can argue with it. One I would like to bring up, however, is that having a community-run story would be difficult to write for or work with, and some things might conflict. Not everyone could be able to communicate with everyone else. Besides, if someone wants to make their own version of Bionicle, or their own story in general, what’s stopping them?

2 Likes

I see your point with it be very difficult to write but maybe one day in the future the community can come together a write a new bionicle canon, but for now we must make do with what we have. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I actually never heard of a franchise that uses fan based stories as its own canon storyline.

I would want a story with epic proportions, that makes the adventure impactful.
Lots of setting-building, rather than the blank slate we got with G2. I’m talking about how G1 did a stellar job at making its own universe feel, well, like a universe.
An air of mystery, like G1, that over time becomes more and more explained.
I wouldn’t want the story to do a prequel.
I’d want new characters, including more women (maybe some female villains. There aren’t enough of those).
CCBS, but have it try new things (like custom torsos), and take some risks with designs.
I would want villains that are cool, rather than just made with the excess budget. One of my favorite things about early HF was the fact that the villains were more imposing than the heroes, thus making it so the heroes would be challenged in a fight.
I’d like it if the heroes maybe had more flawed traits, and felt 3-dimmensional. (Like Vakama feeling that he wasn’t good enough, or how he couldn’t lead his friends.
A villain who isn’t evil “just because he’s evil, k?” Maybe give them some motivation. Don’t get me wrong, I’m fine with a simply greedy and selfish character like teridax, as that’s fine enough. But would it kill Lego to make a villain with a bit of good still in them for bionicle? (not like garmadon, who was transformed unwillingly. More like Kylo Ren, who, despite being evil, still feels some morality and conscience. )
I’d want it to be fully funded from the get go, with lots of exposure. I felt like G2 didn’t take enough of a leap to be good, and tried to work with a low budget that didn’t allow it to excel.

I’d love this. G2 deserved a chance to improve. It wasn’t perfect, but it had a lot going for it that I feel it never got to really capitalize on.

1 Like

If it would ever happen, I hope they never do that stupid prophecy thing again like at the end of Journey to One. From now on whenever they’re some last minute deus ex machina thing in a movie I simply refer to it as “The Prophecy”.

The prophecy*

Personally, G1 finished on a pretty good not for me. So, I would like to see a continuation of G2 where all Ekimu saw of the prophecy of heroes and Toa were just a part of the Toa mission.

G3 would take place after a few decade, when the shadow realm finally found a way to break the toa seal and brought their full force invasion army to Okoto. All the effort of stopping them are in vain. In a last effort, the protectors and Ekimu go the temple of time and invoke the Toa.

That’s how I see Bionicle G3 coming back.

I think I may have said this before (possibly not on the boards) but I feel that if Bionicle ever came back, people would view G1 as the greatest, G2 as middle one /failure no one talks about, and G3 as the ultimate successor.

1 Like

So my idea is that the Toa are villagers who became what they are through a strange ritual that merges them with their respective element, and as they master their powers and become more in tune with their elements they transform, their final forms being completely elemental.

Makuta is their mentor who is teaching them so that they can defeat the threat that approaches the island the story takes place on, Reyziak the Devouring One. All while fighting off its minions, the Devoured, corrupted villagers who did not undertake the ritual as it’s extremely risky to do(seriously the ritual is a latch ditch effort) and the risk of death is high.

The Toa.

Tahu: once a blacksmith turned Warrior of Fire, he knows what the mission is and he fears the possibility of failing, but he knows he must fight the Devouring One, or else all is lost.

Pohatu: desert explorer who once sought lost treasure turned Lord of Wind, he sees this as an opportunity to find more lost treasures, and to beat a threat that could mean the end of his treasure hunting ways.

Lewa: daredevil turned Rogue of Jungle, is probably the happiest about her new powers as it means new and exciting experiences for herself. Will probably master her powers faster than the others.

Gali: former researcher turned Mistress of the Seas, she is in wonder of her new powers as she can now study them with great earnest, will probably master her powers faster than the others.

Onua: Village guard turned Knight of Earth, her experience as a guard has taught her that the earth hides many things, she will use her connections to find the ancient temples that contain knowledge the Toa need to master their powers. Does not like Tahu as she finds him to be too focused on the possibility of failure.

Kopaka: former archivist turned Hunter of Crystal, hates that he got chosen to undergo the ritual, like that it succeeded, but hates that his quiet life is over, would like nothing more than to be at his original job. Will master his powers the slowest.

Makuta: a village elder with weak shadow powers, he desperately wants the Toa to master their powers so that the Devouring One will be defeated before it consumes all. Is not particularly fond of the selection of Toa(likes Onua since she is all business and isn’t filled with worries of things like failure). Due to injuries received from Akmouh the Deceiver, he must use a special walker machine to move around.

Reyziak the Devouring One: an ancient horror that seek to consume all life, sometimes invades dreams to instill fear in foes, can be a bit of a troll. Can posses people to make them do what he wants, such as the time it possessed some villagers and made them stack themselves on top of each other because it amused her. Reyziak has no true gender and is usually addressed by the gender of its avatar(unless its avatar is a object).

The Devoured: villagers who have been turned into mindless slaves by the Devouring one, their minds and souls devoured.

Akmouh the Deceiver: a power hungry former villager to swore loyalty to Reyziak for power, gained gravity powers but his form is extremely twisted.

Tuyet the Seeker: a former village Gaurd who gained weak energy powers from forbidden artifacts found in a sealed off temple devoted to Reyziak, is constantly overflowing with energy and looks ready to explode.

Tuma the Destroyer: a former village leader who in a desperate attempt to save some friends asked for power from Reyziak, he received those powers, powers that cause decay. Hates Reyziak, but is enslaved to it.

The sets of the Toa get progressively more and more elemental looking as time goes on, Tahu’s first set would look like any other Toa of Fire made, but his final set would would look like he is made entirely of fire.

So you plan to make more of a “better” reboot of the Bionicle story instead of a continuation, right? Seems interesting. You should perhaps make up some stories about them?

Basically I wouldn’t try to redo what G1 did because why would I want to retread what a dead story did? G2 wouldn’t be redone as there is no need to redo it.

Or in a much less harsh sounding manner: I don’t want a hypothetical G3 to revisit what G1 and G2 did as their stories are over.

Edited for Double Post.
~Chronicler

the new bionicles suck and look HORRID, they should bring back the old ones, way more realistic, legendary, and just “original.” thank gosh for Bricklink and a low-costing 500+ parts set of bionicle pieces on etsy

Anything but a blasted G3 (or G2 for that matter…)

“What do you want for a G3?”
“Anything but a G3!”

Wat.

3 Likes

A normal story, good, creative sets, relatively well made backstories that holds the mysterios environment and myth, and garantee that it will last at least for four years.

System.

Make it primarily a system theme with some construction figures like how Star wars is right now.

One it would likely sell better and two think of how much could be put into the world if there were sets of it.

Also MNOG style story telling would be nice keep it simple and from the point of view of the villagers.

1 Like

For mobile would be neat. Lego thought that using action games for mobile apps would be good for Bionicle, but kids still do like storytelling with something accessible(like mobile apps).

In relation to this, make the gimmick work like the Nexo Knights do.

That said, an actual regular console game would be nice.

G1 never stopped being a bad idea :stuck_out_tongue:

G2’s story crashed and burned. I mean the sets were good, but that was the only thing.

I just don’t think we need a G3, unless it becomes kinda like a Star Trek thing…

1 Like

I don’t think you meant to write that.

As it stands, eventually, G1 became a bit too complicated for the target audience. Their attempt to make a soft reboot only added another layer of universe, and Greg’s writing went from solid to gradually getting worse. Compare “Time Trap” to “The Yesterday Quest”, and the difference in writing quality is enormous.

A reboot was necessary. A half-■■■■■ one was a problem, yes, but a continuation was a bad idea.

1 Like