If you could cancel a LEGO theme, what would that be?

I don’t see why you’d cancel this when the sets have not been even oficially revealed yet…

Because I have no interest in this theme? Becasue I dislike the fact that there aren’t any full ghost minifiures? Because I dislike how most of the play value is based upon an app?

1 Like

Which I bet that only little kids will actually play…

Which means it could sell more tho.

I’m pretty sure the legacy wave was old sets improved with more parts and modern building techniques. Regardless of your thoughts on the theme as a whole, the legacy sets certainly weren’t downgrades from the originals.

3 Likes

Tbh I thought Lego made it (since several of the toys never appeared as characters in the show itself like the Ooni) but I guess you learn something new everyday

1 Like

Either Star wars (don’t hurt me with your lightsabers!!), or Friends.

As for Star Wars, It’s just gotten boring. It just keeps going. and they’re over-expensive.

For Friends, I know it’s pretty much the only Girls theme, but it, Like Star Wars, it’s pretty much the same. It’s even more repetitive than SW

2 Likes

I thought I was the only person on the planet to have that opinion…

Nope. My sister agrees. TBH, all licensed LEGO sets are over expensive (Minecraft especially).

2 Likes

I must agree as well, as much as I love star wars.

1 Like

The last Star Wars set I bought wad the newest x wing. Some sets are worth the price like the newest x wing and y wing but others are just horribly overpriced.

3 Likes

I agree. The most overpriced theme, (even more than Star Wars), is Minecraft.

3 Likes

Oh yeah. Even though some sets look really good I haven’t bough anything for that one reason and the fact I’m not really interested.

1 Like

Star Wars is… a difficult fanbase, to say the least.

The problem is, there are so many different fans out there, and they all kind of hate each other. No matter what movie or show you like, there is probably another fan who will argue with you, and so creating desirable sets for these fans is a monumental task, even for a company like LEGO.

So they stick to what they know, keeping from trying anything too spectacular, even though maybe that would make them better. Star Wars just has so much unexploited potential to cancel in my eyes, and would hate to see it go when there is just so much left undone (like a second Zam Wesell set or minifigure series).

Of course, this is just speculation, none of this I really know for certain.

Licensing is tough. For some crazy reason, though, the Overwatch sets are actually very well priced compared to them, so clearly it’s got to do with Star Wars being as big as it is. Hopefully Marvel won’t follow in its footsteps.

3 Likes

Just get the real minecraft and build everything in game.

4 Likes

As I have said before, if they cancel Ninjago they are never going to come up with anything good enough to replace it. Let’s not forget that this was actually Chima’s original intention.

The fact that it developed such a big fanbase and the show has just improven in quality with every passing season is “nowhere” to you?

Yeah, I think that’s the real reason.

I mean, themes with popular fanbases Cough Bionicle cough have been ended before

But as far as we know, Ninjago isn’t even close to slowly dying.

And, hey, as long as we get more Serpentine and more characters as great as Harumi, I’m down.

Honestly I just can’t stand the theme

I never got into it so I can’t comment on quality but it’d be nice to have something (maybe something sci-fi themed like the space themes.) new to replace or run along side ninjago.

2 Likes