If you could cancel a LEGO theme, what would that be?

Yep. They need to be more creative.

1 Like

Outside of Ninjago, and the movie series, Iā€™ve noticed Lego hasnā€™t really put much care or effort into their original themes, which is disappointing to see.

5 Likes

Even Ninjago as it is now is pretty unoriginal, how many more motorcycles, jets, buggies and mechs do we really need? Itā€™s like they have a checklist every year, of two or more motorcycles, a good and evil mech, one flying vehicle, a buggy, and one large temple set.

2 Likes

Well excluding the sets, its the story, the core of the theme that I focus on, because thatā€™s what really sells a line.

Nexo Knights for example, had a lot of really cool and original sets, but the story was given very little effort.

3 Likes

Agreed.

2 Likes

Iā€™m braced for hate, but Ninjago needs to go in my opinion. Theyā€™ve turned into ninja themed superheroes, which, in my opinion, is an idea that should burn in heck (except the turtles. They can stay) Iā€™d much rather see a straight up ninja theme, or something of the sort. There are also SO MANY historical eras and nations that we havenā€™t seen in sets, so why focus on a bunch of colorful pajama kids with magic tricks? As has been said, we need more OG themes, but I like liscensed themes. I personally think they should be willing to shave off a long-standing theme to make way for more themes.

6 Likes

Theyā€™ve always been that.

2 Likes

They were less so before, my apologies

1 Like

Year 1 I can give you, with the heavy emphasis on dragons and elemental weapons, but ever since the Rise of the Snakes, theyā€™ve been the ninja themed superheroes. Thatā€™s what the line has been for the vast majority of itā€™s time.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s what I meantā€¦

Ok, I donā€™t hate your opinion, but if you got rid of Ninjago, you would get rid of the last good selling Original Theme. Plus, wasnā€™t Bionicle also about 6 Pijama Superheroes, but made out of construction? Ninjago is today kidā€™s Bionicle. If ninjago conceled, wellā€¦ good luck adapting to seeing licensed themes lead LEGO.

1 Like

Star wars constraction. We need a new, ORIGINAL constraction theme

1 Like

I would not be opposed to CCBS Spider-Man, I donā€™t know about youā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure that already ended.

1 Like

Iā€™m saying itā€™d be fine if it were to make way for a better theme. That was based off of my taste in whatā€™s out now, not business

1 Like

For 2019 we are getting LEGO Forma and LEGO Overwatch. Never played Overwatch, and I am not a fan of Cartoony Shooters like Fourtnite or Overwatch. I prefer realistic shooters like CS:GO. So, I have no interest in that.
As for LEGO Forma, meh, seems like an overpriced techinc build with paper prints, so no interest in that eighter.
Ninjago is only LEGO theme that is ongoing that I actally care about. I really donā€™t care AT ALL for the other sets other then Ninjago, and Iā€™d rahter buy old sets from Ebay rather then the newer sets from the rest of the themes.

CS:GO, realistic, really? Iā€™d say even battlefield is more realistic than CS:GO. The animations are sonny and the gunplay leaves something to be desired.

1 Like

I hate to revive a dead discussion, but this is the exact reason why you said that you didnā€™t like MandRProductions.

That still hurts manā€¦

7 Likes

Bionicle

2 Likes