IMPORTANT NOTICE

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I apologize for my absence these last few months, life takes it’s toll when you’ve got a dozen pans in the fire and while it’s not an excuse, it’s certainly a reason.

It’s come to my attention that in my absence things have… spiralled, a bit.

So to that end, going forward it is my unfortunate job to announce that the OOC RPG PM’s system as you know it has been abolished.

RPGs will be expected to have a public discussion topic in the aptly named RPG Discussion subcategory. Those lacking a discussion topic will be closed. If particular GM’s/Players consistently forget to create and foster the usage of said topics, they will be temporarily suspended from the RPG’s category of the boards.

The reason for this is twofold.

One: I cannot be expected to police your PM’s, nor should you accept such a breach of privacy. Our policy until now has been one of “If we’re called, we’ll intervene” but otherwise PM’s should be private. I have no interest in being Big Brother, so in order to avoid looking through people’s PM’s periodically to enforce the Board Rules, we’re going to bring these conversations into the public sphere.
Two: It is abundantly clear in light of recent events that while many of you, perhaps even most of you, continue to respect board rules and each other in these mass PM’s, the few of you who don’t - do so egregiously. It is my hope that, if not the ever present potential for casual mod review, than the existence of these topics in the public sphere will discourage such behavior.

So, going forward RPGs will be expected to create 2-3 topics. One, in the RPG forum for the game itself. One in the discussion forum for Signup and Discussion. If you wish to split signups and discussion that is also allowed.

Now I understand this is a harsh shake-up to the current system, so here is what will be done.

The GM’s of currently running RPGs will have exactly three days - To the end of Saturday Night - to create discussion topics and close out their OOC PM threads. Failure to do so will result in the closure of the RPG in question.

“Kini, what if I want to keep talking to my friends about our secret in game plans and avoid metagaming?”
THAT is allowed. Exceptions will be made on a case by case basis but I expect everyone to make their best effort to adapt to this system.

“Kini, What if we don’t use PM’s OR the discussion topic?”
Make us aware of it in advance so there are no misunderstandings. Additionally, know that if we catch wind of excessive harassment even outside of the boards that action will be taken.

“Kini, this just seems like a power trip. Is it really necessary?”
Yes. I can only warn people so many times that their actions will have consequences before I have to take action. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Now, I want to be clear. This isn’t something I wanted to do, nor is it even something I wanted to consider because I wanted to give everyone on the boards the benefit of the doubt. I trusted you to not need a babysitter. And I have been proven wrong. And if anyone has a case they want to make against it, I encourage to talk to me in PM or on Discord. (HawksRequiem#2788).

I would love nothing more than to delete this post and go about as though nothing has happened.

~Hawkeye

16 Likes