In Memory of Bionicle Generation 2

Now that it’s over a bunch of people are making topics. I’m not sure if this will be moved or closed, but, I figured I’d give it a shot.

For me, bionicle has always left faster than it arrived. By the time I got into G1 it was already over. So, to me, G2 was like a second chance. Through circumstances I’m still amazed by, I was able to get the entire winter wave. It was only a year ago, but I have very fond memories of those days. I got into bionicle again, then found this place. Soon after, I got the rest of the sets in the summer wave. I still remember building Mask Maker vs Skull Grinder at my desk listening to smooth jazz while drinking a Dr. Pepper. This year has been a bit different, but still enjoyable. I only have a handful of the sets due to them not being as available. And now that it’s over, I can’t help but feel a little sad. As we make sense of what happens, I think it’s more important to look at what Lego has given us rather than taken away. Some of us like it, some of us don’t, but would any of us be here if it didn’t happen? So this time around, lets not try to get bionicle back and have sour hearts. Instead, lets keep it alive by continuing to build up the newly reborn fandom. It hasn’t been that long since it came back, but I feel years older. It’s been a wild ride than I would do again in a heartbeat. So thank you to Lego, thank you to TTV, and thank you to, well, you!

If anyone else would like to share their experience with G2 I’d love to hear it. Thanks for reading.

8 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: BIONICLE is Officially Cancelled