(Insanity of Karzahni) And (the elemental gods, thoughts) [Worldbuilding][Pitch]

But he didn’t create the Toa, the Elemental Gods did. The Toa are supposed to be manifestations of the Gods’ power, right? A way they can rebel, since their power isn’t able to do it directly.

2 Likes

(It makes me slightly uncomfortable calling them the “elemental gods”, so that’s one reason I refer to them as the Nuva. The second reason is, the name just seems fitting. Each element has a symbol that represents it and both relate to the Toa.)

I was under the impression that the elements were what made up the island and therefore need to be anchored in some way so the island doesn’t destroy itself.

I am interested to know how you see Ekimu valuing the Matoran over the Nuva?
The Toa aren’t technically his creations but I could see him taking credit for making them.

He doesn’t care or doesn’t even know he’s insane, the insane usually don’t think they’re insane. His lust for knowledge of the future drives him and influences his decisions. He may have even created the lightning tribe to increase the amount of visions he sees.

1 Like

this is were my old idea of the Lightning tribe not being made by Karzahni came from. They would work better as a creation of the Matorans sentience, plus having the element of Lightning being artificialy made also works in explaining why there is no elemental god of lightning or any seventh toa of lightning before.

Plus another idea i had was that the lightning tribe were also the ones who manufactured the masks of power that the toa of that time later seals away.

Simply put, the lightning tribe to me, would be one of the BIG points Makuta brings up to prove that he was right in how giving the matorans sentience was a bad idea.

2 Likes

He made both the Matoran and the Elemental Gods, so them uniting together to rebel against him was, to him, the ultimate form of autonomous creation. He had created something that could choose for itself and created something to fulfill that choice. That fusion was the Toa, and I think he would admire them the most.

The Matoran are the ones that beg the Elemental Gods to intervene on their behalf, and they were always the sentient culture that Ekimu wanted to create. The Elemental Gods, while sentient, don’t have interpersonal relationships, don’t build cultures and buildings or create art. They’re also made as part of a compromise with Makuta, not with his personal creative freedom, so he feels like they’re not as pure creations.

Good question. That’s a decent hole in the “Matoran made Karzahni go insane” theory - in the canon, it’s long before the Matoran are made that Karzahni is imprisioned. I do like the idea that the Matoran having free will essentially spiraled his condition though, so we might revisit that. Not sure how that will be reconciled.

Why he made them is easy - the probability of Karzahni being freed goes way up if the people that imprisioned him aren’t around anymore. If he sows discord among the remaining brothers, there’s a high probability that either they’ll kill each other, or what actually happens in the story happens.

3 Likes

I think I can get behind that. Thank you for clarifying.

How does he create the lightning tribe then? If the matoran didn’t exist before his imprisonment he wouldn’t have any way to make the lightning tribe.

2 Likes

i feel that the plan of having Karzahni be the one who created the lightning Matorans makes many problems with the story. Personally i think Karzahni’s actions should not be tied with Ekimu and Makuta’s argument. I think it’s better if Karzahni was instead pulling some other strings of the plot instead of making the conflict with his two other brothers worse.

I mean when Karzahni would be revealed, it would sort of feel like a “and here is the TRUE villain behind the conflict” which would kinda take away point of Makuta being the main antagonist.

2 Likes

Just want to bring this back up for the TTV cast.

wait I have a question concerning kharzani and the lightning matoran so why is Makuta the villain it seems almost lilke Kharzani is the villain and in the official stroy bible there was a lightning toa but there was no info on her who is she and how else does this tribe affect the story?

Makuta wants to end all matoran to release them of their “suffering” or something like that. Point being he want to kill Matoran.

Karzahni is the villain after year 3. Until then, it is Makuta.

The story bible is not complete yet. The cast just posted what they had so far, since people were asking for it. As for Voriki, she will show up around year 3, once the civil war of year 2 is done.

1 Like

i don’t think that’s right. I can’t remember the cast having ever said that Karzahni WILL be the main villain after year three. Just that if the theme continued after year three, Karzahniwould then show up.

no, from what i remember, Makuta wants to remove the Matorans sentience (or atleast that is what i remember them having talked about before at some point when discussing Makuta’s plans).

Yeah, maybe I remembered it wrongly. Either way you can on to argue, if a matoran has no sentience is it still a matoran.

@UltimateMustacheX ok cool

1 Like