Insect Head WIP

So, I recently got Umarak, and with him my first shadow trap. I built the shadow trap, and saw that the mouth looked kinda insect-like, and I started tinkering with it. An hour and a hornless Umarak later, I came up with this.

Front. Oh, and don’t mind the stand, just a way to pose it.

Side. I used the horns to make “eyebrows” of sorts, to add character.

Other side.

See what I mean about the mouth being insect-like? Also, the skrall armor on the bottom makes a perfect holding place for the bottom jaw.

Yeesh. In person, reminds me of something from A Bugs Life. Dunno why.

And the connection, which is just a socket.

So, what should I do with this? Here are my current ideas:
1: An ant like figure, with multiple legs.

2: An upright figure, like Randall from Monster’s Inc. (lotta movie references here…)

3: Give up

45 Likes

This is pretty neat but when I see it I can’t help but think of this:

14 Likes

Awesome.
And mildly terrifying.

1 Like

You make that seem like a bad thing. I’ve never seen that creature… did you make it?

1 Like

I don’t mean that it’s a bad thing or anything like that.

Suuuurrreeee you haven’t…
Just kidding, don’t take that seriously.

No, it was a moc made by @Darknova3529

Yeah, I kinda worded it as if I had. I don’t usually look at mocs all that much, I only see other people’s mocs when I post my own.
ANYWAYS, any ideas on the body for this… thing?

2 Likes

That’s okay

Dat one

1 Like

Eu k den

It looks really cool! But it looks more like some kind of horned demon than an insect. I know of no insects that have an upper and lower jaw like that.

2 Likes

Here’s his head without the horns. I definitely see the demon side of it. Maybe with Umarak’s dark red spikes as horns.

1 Like

Without the horns, it looks like a deep-sea monstrosity. With them, it looks significantly more insect-y, and I rather like it.

4 Likes

Actually, I can see that.
@Novel you should try making an angler fish or something, (Now that I think of it maybe I’ll make an Angler fish)

I definitely see that with the curvature of the inika shoulder armor.
I added some spikes and a visorak foot, maybe it could be a dragon?

If I was gonna make a fish out of it, I would go with a piranha. The mouth is more like a piranha’s than any other fish, and the inika shoulder HUGELY improves on that look.

3 Likes

I think it looks a bit more goblin shark-like, given how its jaw seems to jut out when it opens its mouth

7 Likes

Holy jesus on blue lightning kush that is freaky

This monstrosity, as well as several others, is why I refuse to go into any water deeper than the public pool.

2 Likes

Dude, you have no idea. Even in pools, when I see that blue haze in water where you can’t see past, I get freaked out to the point of leaving the water. Irrational fears are so fun. Anyways, it’s kinda off-topic.

Maybe I should make a piranha. If I get a creature or a beast, maybe I can make a whole school. Or maybe bricklink them once they get cheaper.

1 Like

It looks kinda like a dragon head. I like it.

1 Like

The original, or the one I tried to make look like a dragon head?

Both, but I like the original’s horns more.