Introduce Yourself!

I do in fact exist.

6 Likes

Congratulations, and welcome to our merry band of goofballs and MOCists! :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

And roleplayers that do almost nothing else on the site on a regular basis.

5 Likes

Probably more goofballs… and less aspiring mocists…

3 Likes

I noticed on your MOC the disclaimer didn’t include Torp as not being your character yet his head was featured in an image. If you are torp, you might remember me as omf817 on the galleries!

1 Like

No, I’m not torp, I’m smallfry but I do remember you. how are you doing?

so allow me to answer your question. I did in fact credit Torp (it’s at the bottom.) but I just read through it and realized I didn’t credit wierdweirdo06( gosh I hope I got his name right) for Kalama( i have a sneaky suspicion I got that name wrong too.) but have no fear I will indeed fix that.

edit 2: If you have any info on any of the Bionicle community/ pictures from the gallery
I would really appreciate if you would DM me.

also here’s torp’s Flickr: Just Torp | Flickr

and minigandalf’s : Luterem | Flickr

we all have MOCpages accounts, but seeing as it’s down I can’t link them. : P

if you need any info on any gallerians from the Bionicle community I’ll be more than willing to provide just ask.

@optimus_priminski I don’t know about you, but I’m a self proclaimed “Masked hooligan.”

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight

1 Like

Hi! I joined this website in 2018 but for some reason never started posting anything.

I’m TheDetective/LegoDetective/Detective/Dete (I got by many variations of the same name online) and I only first joined the online bionicle community and became active in it this past summer. Since then, i’ve become obsessed with the canon rahi and dark hunter moc contests. Super excited for the upcoming moc contests as well, win or lose, the concept of fans creating a character, in a way, is super cool to me. I’ve been posting on reddit since August and have been reverse engineering the dark hunters and working with others to hopefully be one of the first to have the complete set, as accurate as possible given the very limited and low quality images we got of them. I also have a youtube channel, TheDetective, in which I do some non-lego hobby related things, however with summer ahead, I’m totally planning to do videos of my Dark hunter and Rahi replicas! Super excited to be here.

6 Likes

Welcome. The Rahi and dark hunters were always favourites for me, good luck in your quest to have a complete collection-have you done the kanohi dragon yet?

No, but I have ordered parts for it and have been planning it since december. I’m afraid he’s going to be a year long project, if not more. I’d done other stuff though like iron wolf, vahki hunter, devastator, guardian, blade burrower.

2 Likes

I’m just a Bionicle fan that likes to improve my self moc

8 Likes

Ah, so could you consider that… self-improvement?!

My former psychology teacher said we use humor to try and hide our true thoughts and feelings.

Jokes aside, welcome to the Boards!

1 Like

Hey all! I’m NotTheHerald, Bionicle fan since 2002 when my brother and I got our first figure, Lewa Nuva, as a gift from our uncle. We collected figures all the way until it ended in 2010, drifted away a bit after a short stint a MOCing characters that didn’t get sets (didn’t get very far), got back into it when G2 came about, then drifted off again. I never stopped liking Bionicle, but there wasn’t a whole lot going on in the interim, so I focused more on other things I’m passionate about like Star Wars and Transformers.

I found out about TTV through YouTube. I subscribed and watched the odd video, but I particularly remember watching the one featuring Sokoda’s The Legend of the Bionicle creation on Lego Ideas. I hadn’t been aware of it until that video, and went straight away to vote for it. If that comes to fruition, I’m gonna buy on sight.

I’ll be honest, I’ve never really been overly involved community-wise, I tend to enjoy it on my own and with my brother, playing MNOG/II and watching the movies and animations back in the day. I followed MaskofDestiny religiously in the early days and signed up for BZP later on.

My biggest (only) contribution was probably creating an image featuring the 2015 Toa masks in multiple colours akin to the 2001 mask packs in Photoshop, to use as my signature on BZP. I remember seeing people discussing it, wondering if it was a leak. It wasn’t my intention to deceive anyone, but I’ll admit I had a pretty good laugh. I was just hyped that Bionicle was back and thought it would be cool to see.

I signed up on TTV boards so I could enter the Helryx MOC contest. If I had signed up before, I probably would have used the name Helryx, but I thought it would be mildly pretentious at this point, lol. I pretty much use it everywhere else except Reddit, where it was taken. I’ve only built really casual MOCs from spare 07-09 parts back in the day, but I’m taking this one pretty seriously. I’ve been blown away by some impressions of the character already, and other MOCs I’m seeing in the boards. There’s some real talent here, looking forward to being a seeing more of it!

9 Likes

Well, this place is one of the easiest ways to get started! Welcome!

1 Like

Thanks!!

1 Like

Howdy friends, I’m Dunk! I’ve been a fan of Bionicle since its inception back in 2001. I never really interacted with the community before. I would browse images of MOCs but I would never post my own. I’ve also been following TTV for a few years but I was a bit nervous to join the boards. The canonization contests pushed me over the edge finally so here I am! I’ll start posting my MOCs and artwork here soon enough.

7 Likes

Hi! I’m Asdfista, bionicle fan since 2002, mctorans were my first sets.
I’m a collectionists and love making mocs and give them a role in the canon lore or altenative universe lore.
I found TTV a year ago in youtube, my favorite videos is Eljay’s Reviews.

4 Likes

Welcome to these humble boards.

1 Like

Hi, I’m Aidan, known as @fleetairampora on Instagram. I used to be a dedicated military builder but I returned to Bionicle in force last year. My first contact with Bionicle happened when I was about six years old and met two kids on the playground with Axonn and Brutaka. I got myself a Visorak shortly thereafter, but didn’t get into the lore until a few years later when I got one of the graphic novels at Legoland, and left my heart in Mahri Nui. By the time I’d fully gotten into it, G1’s run had already wrapped up.

Now, 14 years down the line, I’m working on a crossover setting where the Matoran and Toa of Idra Nui have joined forces with the Trolls of Homestuck, and are exploring the stars together as they attempt to solve the Great Beings’ grandest riddle yet.

8 Likes

Aw neat! Welcome to the boards!

(Also, nice sea scorpion profile pic!)

2 Likes

I’m Blue, I learned about this place through the Helryx contest, and I have no clue how to actually start my own thread to enter but I’m sure I’ll find the button eventually.

2 Likes