Invader Zim

Invader Zim is one of my favorite shows of all time, so when I saw there wasn’t a topic for it, I figured I should make one.

9 Likes

I love this show! Me and my dad used to watch it when I stayed the night on his DVD. Wish they would bring it back. (Not like the new reboots, like its actual self.)
Doom doom doom doom doom doom!
Gir is my favorite character, used to have a hoodie of him, might be around my house somewhere, not sure. Anyway, I’m fanboying, better stop here.

2 Likes

Rather creepy if you look into it and taken before the right time, it had its nice moments

1 Like

I hope they bring it back to. They did make a comic series though. They used it to tell a lot of the stories they would have in the 3rd season.

I liked Gir. I wouldn’t say he’s my favorite though. My favorite would have to be The Mighty Tallest. They were awesome. :slight_smile:

Can’t argue with ya there.

Gir is one of the best characters ever.

1 Like

I remeber my mom wouldn’t let me watch this show as a little kid because of how strange it was

Therefore, I had to silently wake up at 3am to watch it, pretty fun

(That’s a true story!)

In all seriousness though, I haven’t seen this show in years. Is it still running?

3 Likes

Same.

No, it ended back in 2005 if I remember correctly.

2 Likes

How little were you?

Sadly now. It was canceled many years ago. They did start a comic series though. :slight_smile:

No one say Kapura’d! I know I’m replying to the same comment after some one else. :angry:

1 Like

In around 2005? I think I was 5 or 6.

1 Like

As far as this show goes, I think your mom might have been doing the right thing. :laughing:

1 Like

Invader Zim is life

2 Likes

Ah yes, Invader Zim. Supposedly, Nickelodeon wouldn’t let the creators show a certain scene that featured Gir being covered in blood, so they hid “Bloody Gir” in a few episodes for a frame or two. I’m not sure if the image is “boards friendly”, though…

2 Likes

One of the early creepy pastas technically, not sure how accurate it is though.

1 Like

I regret not paying too much attention to the show back when i was a kid, I’ve seen some episodes and it’s quite amazing.

1 Like

You can say that its ketchup. :smile:

No creepy pasta here. It is 100% true. Nick wouldn’t let the image on the show, so the people behind the show hid it in various episodes.

2 Likes

Surprising that they wouldn’t let that happen but they were fine with all the other things like Zim stealing organs.

1 Like

Hey @AwesomeJoel27! Did you know that the original end to the episode “Walk of Doom” was going to have Zim in a cab, passing a sigh that said “Welcome to Mexico” The Nick executives thought it was too racist, so the show staff put this in instead.

3 Likes

Well that doesn’t make the problem worse XD

1 Like

Such a good show, wish it was still on NickToons. :pensive:

I think the reason that this worked, and not the sign, was that it is never actually specified that they are in Mexico. :laughing: