Invader's Mask Snatcher

The original concept art:

This is “Mask Snatcher”, who was one of the many villains featured in the Art of BIONICLE book. I assume he was going to be one of the villains of 2017 before the line was canceled. It seems like his theme was going to be stealing masks from the Toa for Makuta or something. I know that the head is inaccurate but a piece like that simply does not exist in that color.

47 Likes

doesnt look pretty “accurate” to the concept, but the moc itself looks cool nonetheless

3 Likes

Shame you couldn’t have gotten that delicious horn in there. The mask-snatchy-snatcher-thing looks like it works better than the skeleman weapons from summer 2015, so that’s a plus.

3 Likes

Would have been nice if you used the head from this LEGO 44024 TUNNELER Beast vs. SURGE | Brickset but I can understand if you don’t have that piece

However, the rest of it looks pretty good

2 Likes

Actually, I tried that, but it looked really off.

I guess.

1 Like

This looks really cool.

2 Likes

Nice adaptation, though it would be more accurate if you primarily used gunmetal as opposed to silver

It is mostly gunmetal, the lighting must be making it look silver.

Ooh, this looks nice. Personally I feel the chrome/gunmetal (hard to tell) goes good with the trans orange. Also I think his build in general looks pretty nice. One thing I can definitely say is that is not hard to process visually. And despite being mostly grey in front of a grey background, the MOC oddly pops. And it’s not just the bright trans-orange.

1 Like

I like this a lot. I think the concept was an early beast concept, but I’m not the artist who drew it, so my words may not clear anything up. Anyways, not regarding accuracy, this Moc is awesome. It is kind of difficult to make a Moc similar to the artbook since it’s so stylized.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s the main issue with these, especially the last two villains shown in the artbook.

when I saw the concept art I thought it would be giant, I recon lego should have done that. anyway, the moc is pretty great, has a resemblance, but I feel the 2014 HF beasts heads would work better here, other than that I think the weapon has a nice touch to it having a function and all, and those shoulder look fascinating!

2 Likes

Not perfect, but still hella cool regardless!

1 Like

Yeah but he looked too birdy when I tried that.

1 Like

ahh okay, never thought of that consequence, never mind

And why not trying corroder’s?

Painted in red and silver would look really nice

3 Likes

Yeah but I don’t want to paint it.

1 Like

You can use the red 2014 Hero Factory Beast Head.

1 Like

i think it looks extremely accurate! you payed very close attention. the mask you used makes it way cooler than any other part you could have used. don’t pay attention to anyone else. its perfect the way it is. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Again.

1 Like