Iron Man: Armored Adventures

Yeah, it’s fallen into obscurity at this point, but why not make a topic for it?

For those of you who don’t know what this is, it was an animated show in the late 2000s based on the Marvel superhero known as Iron Man.

But there was one catch: Tony Stark and his friends were all in their teenage years.

I thought this show was absolutely amazing, and if you want to watch it I THINK it is still on Netflix.

4 Likes

Fun Fact.

The Mandarin and Matsuda from Death Note are voiced by the same actor, Vincent Tong.

1 Like

I have no idea who this is.

Then you need to watch Death Note. Really. You need to.

1 Like

I don’t want to get too off topic, but what is it?

I used to love this show when I was younger. I haven’t watched it in years, though.

1 Like

From what I remember, it’s really good. I especially love the animation style, it really pulled off the whole cell-shaded look.

Please note that I have only a vague idea of what “cell-shaded” even is.

2 Likes

I have no idea what it is. I’ve only ever heard the term. I just know it has to do with art.

1 Like

Death Note is an anime that was released in Japan in 2006. I considered summerizing other plot elements, but I think it’s better if you watch it yourself. I’ll only say that the story revolves around a notebook that when somone’s name is written inside they die. This show does have light hearted moments, but overall it maintains a serious tone throughout the show. Death Note is one of my favorite shows period.You can find it dubbed on Netflix. If you don’t have Netflix you can use the site JustDubs.

1 Like

Thanks, but I’ve got Netflix. I’m actually on it right now…

1 Like

Oh yeah this

teenage iron man shenanigans

3 Likes

Man I loved this series. Of course I should rewatch it because I might be holding onto a false perception of it.

1 Like

I rewatched it recently, and I still love it.

1 Like

I saw a few episodes of this at the same time I fell in love for the first time.

Psychology whatnot probably never watching again because flashbacks etc.

I watched this show for a few episodes in.

Meh. I wasn’t a fan.

Yeah, you need to like the style of them being teenagers to really like it. It gets better as the plot is unified, though.

I feel the whole “teenager” thing took away from Stark’s personality to me. He just seemed like a rich Spider-Man.

Tony Stark is supposed to be an arrogant, drunken industrialist who gets hurt by his own technology, eventually escaping and becoming a better man by getting rid of dangerous weapons and helping others. It’s complete reform.

8 Likes

I guess they wanted to combine Iron Man and Spider Man for some reason. Nonetheless I enjoyed the series.

I think it also helps that I don’t read comics…

1 Like

Yeah I haven’t read the comics and I don’t really intend to.

1 Like