Is Journey to One worth a watch?

It’s okay. Watch it solely to have watched it and survived.
In case you haven’t noticed this is my plan to weed out the weak

2 Likes

The Journey to One is a great example of all style no substance. The animation is nice and very stylistic, but the script is just weird. And not in a good way, as in, characters are saying things that don’t make sense contextually.

The Toa walk into a place all calm, Gali says all worried “I don’t like the look of that at all!” but it’s an overhead shot so we can’t see what she sees that worries her. And then Tahu responds “Ignore it, keep moving!” in a way that makes it sound as if he’s running, even though on screen, he’s calming walking with the rest of the group. Weird little issues like that are littered throughout the show.

I would recommend giving it a watch and then when the inevitable rage has subsided, watching BIONICLE Reiterated. It takes the plots presented in the 2015 animations and JtO and takes the time to give the characters, well, character and well thought out versions of the plots that were presented in official G2. It’s not as stylistic or as smooth in terms of animation as Journey to One, obviously, since it’s a fan production, but the story more than makes up for it. It’s well worth your time compared to JtO as a fan of the theme. and I’m totally not just saying that because I’m the one that has created it, lol

4 Likes

Slick plug mate :wink:

(it actually worked though, I’ve Watch Later’d it and will be checking out the first ep when I have more time to give it an in-depth review).

Regarding Journey to One, JANGBRiCKS had some interesting thoughts on the matter that I think are worth bringing up. A few excerpts from his blog post:

He later reviewed the finale and… didn’t mince words…

Read the full write-ups here:

5 Likes

you know, off topic: I feel like I should stop watching JangBricks after reading that, seeing how I only Subscribed to him because of his Bionicle videos

back on topic: @Krelikan if you want to watch JtO then go ahead, I’m not stopping you

3 Likes

As a BIONICLE Fan, I’d say yes, it’s something you need to experience.

As a fan of quality media…yeah no, Take Rise’s advice.

3 Likes

I’d recommend the first two episodes with the caveat that they’re simply decent, not amazing but not terrible, but still worth your time if you’re a Bionicle fan.

The latter two episodes, though, are pretty bad; I’d only reccomend them either if you’re really really curious about why they’re so poorly regarded, or if you and some friends want to have a fun time riffing on them. Otherwise, better to steer clear.

1 Like

None of my friends care about Bionicles. :frowning:

1 Like

Welcome to my life.

4 Likes

Instead of actual words, they just repeat “I hate scorpions” over and over again.

3 Likes