Island of Artakha Map [Art] [Worldbuilding]

I always imagined Naho as a more tropical region but with the reasoning you have given, I can get behind this idea.

3 Likes

Why don’t we just swap Ihu and Mangai then? It will fix the climate problems and not affect practically anything, the gates to Motara will remain the same.

The volcanos of Mangai would warm up Naho and be a direct result to some of the islands, we could make some of them have volcanic origins, like Hawaii.

2 Likes

My thought for Mangai’s placement is that the heat from Mangai and Motara would be partially what keeps Kanae floating (warm air rises). Also, it makes more sense to have Mangai spilling into Motara than Ihu into Motara.

Naho would still be the heat/beaches for most of it. But having a portion be colder waters gives an excuse to have goods that Hawaii-themed places don’t have. I still don’t think it’s enough to actually have ice in the water per say, since the border would be at a much lower elevation from the rest of Ihu. The border could be a large cliff face that you can’t actually cross unless you wanted to climb it. Maybe it’s actually waterfalls made from the ice melting as it got closer to the border.

If the cast has a certain view for the layout, then I can adjust it, but for now I think this one works best.

1 Like

Very interesting explanation for the floating of Kanae.

I thought that Mangai’s volcano chain would be warming up the western Artakha, and the mountains would be the result of Tiro’s jungles and Motari desert, as the wet climate would be blocked by them and bound to just one part of the island.

I also always pictured Naho as tropical, I don’t know what the Cast wants to do with it, but Naho being similar to French Polynesia and Hawaii was always how I pictured it. With Ihu next to it, it feels like it would look a bit like some Canadian islands. Especially with how small the island is supposed to be.

1 Like

[Edit] - Updated map design based on new episode info.

2 Likes

This new design plays quite well into my ideas for civil war, the regions can essentially have a line drawn between them separating the two sides, perhaps Motara and Kanae absorb that little peninsula there as a trade route and defend it.

Actually that could be a set…

If only I had my stuff setup I’d be on it now.

1 Like