Island of Mystery(RP Topic)

Runa flies out of the way of many, seeing if any are at angles to hit each other.

Energy Counters: 9

“You’re asking a lot of me,” Lync calls down from the tree.

OOC: From the BS01 page for Repellers: “When crossed, they can deflect the force of an opponent’s attack back at them, causing the attacker to be hit with an equal amount of force.”

Plus a Shielding kanoka/hau could easily block that.[quote=“Jcton, post:5589, topic:43892”]
“I’ll feel as if there’s more to your story. Neither of your stories ling up.”
Elren leans back,
“Tell me more.”
[/quote]

“I’ve told you what happened. The guy was violent, refusing to cooperate, and had a potentially crippling power. We moved to get rid of him.”

Emperor nods, the strange greeting catching him off guard. “I see, this is not my fortress however, so I do not know if I can grant you entry.”

“You don’t even know the whole story.”

The drones move to stop him from approaching, continuing their barrage of plasma bolts.

“After what I just heard, you are both blaming each other.”
Elren scowls,
“Now tell me the truth.”

Caeruleus sighs,
“Whose fortress is ti then?”

Antama continues to rest.

“I’ve told you the truth. The being was violent and would cause problems later on.”

“Symphony is his name.”

Elren stares him in the eye, as if he was about to punish him.

Caeruleus asks,
“Do you know where he is? I would like to ask him for a place to rest.”

The drones protectively moved in front of Eric.

Emperor shrugged. “He asked to be thrown into space, haven’t seen him since.”

“Is there anything you haven’t told me.”
Elren looks upset.

Caeruleus,
“Space? Is he OK?”

“No? Do you think there’s anything I’m leaving out?” Eric asks, genuinely confused.

“He claimed he’d be fine.”

“Nothing you can’t handle.” Coron says.

Runa keeps semi-dodging, making sure they don’t hit his crystal. “It’s been fun, but I’m about ready to end this!” He calls out psychotically. He flies up a ways, and the aura of green around him is transferred above him, forming a giant ball no doubt visible from most of the island.

Energy Counters: 0

“Say bye-bye to your fortress!”

Nameless, currently beside the pit that was once the scrapyard, looks north to see a green ball of energy that, from his perspective, was about half the size of the sun. “Well, this can’t be good.”

OOC: It’s the same size as the one from before, it just looks smaller to Nameless due to perspective.

Elren had used this to see Eric’s readtion. He turns to T.Tekan (@KAI_BORG)
“Anything you want to say?”

Caeruleus looks at him in shock,
“Wha-?”

The drones notice this, and the drones wielding repeller shields moved to the front. The rest focused fire with plasma guns and railguns, intent on stopping this being who threatened to destroy the last part of the fortress.

Various Nektann and turrets on the wall turn and fire upon Runa.

“You sound so sure…”

OOC: Well, no, no, a Hau can’t block non-physical attacks/actions.
If you were to surround one with poison it might stop it, but a Hau can’t stop darkness, such as just using it to full the shield with such, it can’t stop you from draining all the air in the area, and it sure can’t stop the Voparak’s time bubble.

Also, would this count as an attack? It was entirely uncontrolled besides the amount of light going through the magnifying glass/its amplification.

It was basically him shining a massive magnifying glass down on you, so that means the reflectors would more likely either not be able to stop it, reflect it at random, or possibly reflect it back at the magnifying glass itself.

IC: (@Jcton)
“Actually, he did start it. From what I could pick up of the situation, the being was being quite amiable. He told the stain he required supplies, which the stain visibly does not, and that he would move to only take part of the current scrap pile, which he had claimed first, and would leave the rest for him.” T.Tekan told him.

“The stain chose to instead, act like he had agreed, but in truth moved to open a potentially lethal portal opening beneath the scrap pile. Lethal due to the beings positioning, which I doubt the stain wouldn’t have been able to calculate. Luckily the being has an ability that stopped said portals formation, which is also why he is currently the only one who can properly restrain the two previously mentioned bots. After that, due to pre-set upon conditions and warnings, a companion of the being destroyed the drones in retaliation, which, as you can see, the stain quickly replaced.” T.Tekan said, indicating Eric’s large horde of drones.

“Due to that, the stain chose to launch not one, but two strikes against the being from the machine which caused the pit, both greatly increasing the damage, and nearly forming a mega volcano through puncturing the earth’s crust, which would’ve killed many more beings.
From what I gathered he both did it for observations of his weapons power, as noted when he himself arrived at the scene to check upon the pit, and so-as to ensure that so long as he could not access the supplies the scrapyard gifted to all on the island, no one could… of course, that final one is just an assumption on my part from the observed pettiness that the stain carries.” T.Tekan said, finishing his statement to Elren.

“Also, as we’re speaking, if my light-detection is correct, at another of his facilities not centered here, he is battling and attempting to kill another sentient entity if its movements mean anything.”

Echo laughs “alright. Ready to keep going?”

1 Like

OOC: Energy is a physical thing, photons, electrons and waves are all physical things that interact with physical objects. By non-physical attacks it means telepathy etc. And a hau can block non-attacks, it’s just typically used to do so.

The drones are still computers, and caculating the proper angle of reflection isn’t too hard.

IC: Eric lets Tekan blabber on.

OOC: No, no, if one was to project a sonic attack, without putting it into physical use, I.e. the noise itself, a Hau could do nothing about it, because it’s not a physical attack

If one was to teleport/shadow ■■■■■ into a Hau, nothing could be done about it, because it’s not physically affecting it.

Of one chose to manipulate the pre-existing elements within the Hau, they could due to Hau not blocking powers, there’s a lot of ways to bypass it, so I don’t really know if non-physical, highly magnified light would be stopped due to it being a more ‘natural’ attack, perhaps you could count his amplification, bu if he was to just use the magnifying glass itself, which would eventually start lighting the area on fire/scorching it, if just taking longer, are you still going to say that can be blocked?

Also. As you just said, the reflectors fire the energy back at the one who fired it, not whoever the one wielding the reflectors wants it to aim towards.

Also, here’s its definition from BS01, your favourite site, ‘The Kanohi Hau is the Mask of Shielding. It allows its user to protect themselves from any physical attack that they are aware of by generating a force field.’

IC: T.Tekan grins, not that it could be seen due to his face-down position in the ground.

@BrokenAxels OOC: Had English class therefore late response.

“Yeah, we should!” She said to Echo looking for some trees with fruits.

After feeling a few shots hit, Runa flies up out of range, adding all energy his aura generates directly to the ball above him.

[spoiler]Energy Counters: 0

Attack Charge: 11[/spoiler]

OOC: It’d be able to block that, sonic waves are a physical thing that interacts with physical objects.

True

True

False.

Light is an energy that interacts with physical objects and is technically made up of a bunch of sub atomic particles called photons, which are definitely physical. So a laser and other types of energy would be blocked.

Yep, not for very long, but it could be blocked. It’s an attack, and a shield kanoka could block it for a while before giving way.

Shrugs, I view it as a mirror more than anything.

Indeed that is the definition. So? I made sure to go look at and it works here.

IC: Considering the large distance between the drones and Runa they stop firing and simply keep a wall of shields, weapons at the ready.