Island of Mystery(RP Topic)

Echo nods “ready to go when you are”

1 Like

“Yeah, I’m already walking!” she teases walking around the river area a bit searching for food.

Echo runs over to her. “I know you are”

1 Like

@BrokenAxels “I think we should go that way!” she said happily pointing to the right, they could see a deeper jungle area in that direction.

1 Like

“If you insist, let’s go”

1 Like

@BrokenAxels They walked for a bit, it wasn’t long until they greenery in the area almost covered them completely. “If you find any fruit, tell me.” she said moving along she then waited in Echo to be sure she didn’t lose him in the deep bushes.

1 Like

OOC: No, you cannot not physically block sound itslef. If I was using the sonic attack only for the vocal effect (I.e the fact sonic attacks make it much, much harder for Toa/Makuta to concentrates and activate their powers) you couldn’t really stop that, because it would be like if my character himself was just standing outside your bubble and screeching at that level.

If I were to use it in a physical sense (I.e, a physical wave/orb of sonic energy) you could block that dude to it being physical.

Also, if light is so ‘physical’ how come when a Hau is used the entire inner forcefield doesn’t go pitch black due to the light itself being blocked?
While yes, I can agree a laser would be blocked, due to it having a slightly more physical aspect.

This was a literal beam of light, kind of like as if he’d taken the pre-existing sunlight and just made it visible.
Hell, he could’ve kept it ‘invisible’ if he’d wanted to but that would’ve been more draining, then inky thing a Hau should’ve blocked was maybe his ‘amplified’ light/heat, so either way they would’ve still ended up reaching a level of scorching heat, but just taking a much longer time( when compared to without the blocking) to reach said levels.

Also, eh, I mean going by the reflectors actual description, which due to being on BS01 has to be as accurate as can be, they’re not mirrors, they’re like in yu-gi-oh when you flip a damage-reversal/reflection spell/trap.
They fire it right back at whoever it is that’s firing the attack themselves, either that or it’s an inaccurate description.

Also, once again, here’s the BS01 definition, ‘When crossed, they can deflect the force of an opponent’s attack back at them, causing the attacker to be hit with an equal amount of force.’ and this time with an example of it’s use, ‘In Power Play, during the rescue of Garan from the Chamber of Truth, Balta used his Repellers to reflect a punch thrown by Piraka Vezok. The reflected blow knocked Vezok unconscious.’

So, seeing as how they only block force (I.e. basically a Hau but this one deals damage back) I’m pretty fascinated by how you somehow reflected this ‘energy’ attack, something with no pshycial force, nor related, behind it.

“I will” he confirms

Ooc gtg. English

1 Like

OOC: Ok, no problem

“Good!” she replied.

OOC: There’s a certain amount of suspension of disbelief that needs to be kept when considering bionicle. Haus can block the laser attack, and the Repeller can be deflected back. If you want imagine it flew back to the lense in the sky, although it changes practically nothing.

OOC: Well no, I did already say I’ll let it happen this time, but I’m not letting it happen again if it couldnt.

Also, using the ‘suspension of disbelief’ idea is basically the basis behind a lot of god modding, and even with that, when properly using it, there are limits, such as not being able to block gaseous poison, with something that reflects physical force back, not blocks it.

Also, once again, not a laser. Those’re more ‘phsyical’ based.

“So there is a universe where my mocs are alive?”

OOC: I mean, a gaseous thing probably can’t be repelled, but other attacks could.

But yeah, laser could be blocked by a hau/shielding kanoka. I can point to times where haus have stopped energy in canon.

I mean, with everything Tekan can do I don’t understand why you worry so much about this.

1 Like

@Toa_Vladin “You create mocs?” Bernard said looking at Athena for a little while before saying “That’s neat! Nice to meet a female Mocist.” He says holding out his hand for a handshake, “Where I come from mocs are not alive.” He answers her question “You’ll have to find Keltraz for the details” Tarkur added

Athena handshakes his hand.
“Yeah I was making mocs when I was younger before I started my job. No, I was asking if there is a word where my mocs are alive as well.”

@Toa_Vladin “It’s a possibility I think. So it might exsist but since inter-dimensional travel doesn’t work here I can’t imagine we will ever know” Tarkur explained as he joined the conversation again.

OOC: Might get chapter 2 done for my little project this weekend. If I’m lucky!

“True…”
Athena said, remembering the beautiful hours she wasted on upgrading her self-moc.

1 Like

OOC: which I can agree with, if a Hau couldn’t block a laser I’d be surprised.

So that means, while the eared would’ve still heated up because to the natural light, due to the ‘reflection’ and the time the magnification was in effect, it wouldn’t have gotten anywhere near a level higher than ‘uncomfortable hear’.

Also, here’s why, if I, or another, let even a single touch of god-modding through it’s eventually going to grow out of hand and either end up in the end of an RP, or just highly lessen the fun due to having to deal with a player who can do nigh-anything due to their ‘suspension of disbelief’ or ‘allowed’ abilities.

Which is why I’m also so thankful when others question/discuss/argue with me, because it helps ensure I myself can prevent any god-modding I may be subconsciously attempting, and allows me to better balance even some of my strongest of characters to levels where they are more ‘fair/realistic’
(Except for Corruption, that’s near impossible.)

@Toa_Vladin “So did you have a self moc.” Tarkur said out of curiosity. “I think we should get out off here before more drones comes around or whatever happened earlier happens to us too!” Bernard interrupted in a serious tone. “Yeah it looked like it hit the scrapyard.” Tarkur said not feeling like running for at the moment.

Athena followed them.
“Yeah I had one. She was a Toa of Water and an Order of Mata Nui Agent.”

1 Like